So I am confused (again)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Leomas
Level 1
Level 1

So I am confused (again)

Post by Leomas »

This is not an uncommon state of mind for me and I am once again reliant of people who have clear thought process to bring me out of this state.

The story starts:-

I need to use some software which comes in Debian flavour and which has install instructions for Ubuntu, so far so good....if it works in Ubuntu it will work in Mint right? Wrong... It seems I am missing dependencies which I cannot find anywhere, most notably libcupsys2.
So I try running a machine with a pure Debian build and the software goes straight in with no pause. ???

I download the latest LMDE build since this is running the same core as the Debian machine I just built and it will work smoothly yes? No.

Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong? I have even tried following some very dated information to add these libraries in and the libgnomeprint2.2 stuff worked fine but nowhere can I find the libcupsys2 which is supposed to be of the same era.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kukamuumuka

Re: So I am confused (again)

Post by kukamuumuka »

LMDE based on Debian, Mint based on Ubuntu.
Leomas
Level 1
Level 1

Re: So I am confused (again)

Post by Leomas »

Yes, that was why I picked the LMDE as I had a seamless install on a 'current release' Debian system

Return to “Software & Applications”