Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
psych1610
Level 3
Level 3

Setting Konqueror as default file browser instead of nautilu

Postby psych1610 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:50 pm

Hi everyone, I just want to express my thanks at this distro. Loving it :)

My question is how to set konqueror as default file browser in this distro. Coming from a kde distribution I'm really missing konqueror and nothing else feels like home.

My first day here when I entered IRC someone mentioned a link, but of course I lost it. Now most of the google searches I do refer to konqueror as internet browser, but I have firefox for that. The ones that do try and set konqueror as default file browser in gnome or Ubuntu usually fail. I found a script that claims to do it but that was from 2+ years ago I think and I'm hesitant to run a script on this machine for obvious reasons.

So, anyone know how to set konqueror as my default file browser? I don't mind leaving nautilus on the system, I just want konqueror to do all the work.

I appreciate any help provided.

Thanks very much.

Fornhamfred
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Setting Konqueror as default file browser instead of nautilu

Postby Fornhamfred » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:06 am

Hi

As you are using the gnome version, have you tried the KDE version which I assume has konqueror by default?

psych1610
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Setting Konqueror as default file browser instead of nautilu

Postby psych1610 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:16 am

This is going to be rather hard to explain I guess but after using kde for a year or so I think I like gnome better, especially Mints version of it.

So to be honest, haven't tried kde especially since I became aware that it was possible to get konqueror in gnome working alright. If it came down to that I might switch though :) I know it's a silly reason to switch desktop environments because of a file manager, but I've just become so used to it. \

Appreciate the suggestion though :)

Return to “Software & Applications”