Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
kneops
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to remove starter from launcher applet

Post by kneops »

I addes several starters to my launch panel (cinnemon) in LM17. Then, when I want to remove one I click right mouse, click remove, and some other icon/starter is removed but not the one I want. this happens all the time until there is only one icon left, the one I wanted to remove ;).

Anyone noticing this too?

inate71
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Trying to remove starter from launcher applet

Post by inate71 »

I have the same issue.

This is the Panel-launchers applet. I've added Photoshop using the right-click menu, "Add" button. I fill out the stuff for making it a launcher (name, command, description, icon, etc.). It creates TWO launchers for the same thing. However, if I right click to remove one of them, it removes both of them.

Here's the interesting thing though--if I try to add another different item to that, (in this example, I'll add the command "xdg-open /home/USERNAME/Dropbox/"), then both of the Photoshop ones get overridden.

EDIT: I'll be honest--I was in the middle of typing this, trying to replicate it and take screenshots--but now it works. I think it has something to do with where you click "Add" in the context menu when adding items. Try to click in-between icons, as opposed to on the icons. I got it set up the way I wanted now--not touching it anymore. ;P

Return to “Software & Applications”