Page 1 of 1

Konqueror stopped working. Can't figure out why.

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:17 am
by fernandocabral
Konqueror was working fine. All of a sudden, I started getting the message in the attached image.
It says I have associated konqueror with inode/directory. I never did that (at least willingly).
I can't figure out how to disassociate this think. Any hints most appreciated.

EDIT1: I tried the following, one by one, and it did not work either:
1) deleting every konqueror-related file under ~/.kde
2) deleting the whole ~/.kde directory
3) unstalling konqueror and every extension or application I could find associated with it -- and then reinstalling from scratch.
None worked.

Re: Konqueror stopped working. Can't figure out why.

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:59 am
by ofb

Re: Konqueror stopped working. Can't figure out why.

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:03 pm
by Flemur
That is strange - a google search of ["You have associated Konqueror with an inode/directory"] returns only this thread.

Re: Konqueror stopped working. Can't figure out why.

Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:27 pm
by fernandocabral
Well, I found several references do the problem, but no suggestion did work. So, I finally unstalled the whole thing, but this time I installed kde-full
and konqueror is working again. I found no way to fix it editing configuration files either directly or using the "settings" option.

Anyway, now it is working.