Mate volume display popup

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
glenm
Level 1
Level 1

Mate volume display popup

Post by glenm »

Is there any way to switch the location of the popup showing volume level when using keyboard to adjust. Mine pops up centre screen. I would rather have a little slider type display that comes out of the volume icon on the bar.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MrBob22
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Mate volume display popup

Post by MrBob22 »

Hello:

I have defined key strokes for Volume up (control uparrow) and down (Control downarrow). When on the desktop, my volume control is located on the the top panel in my Mate configuration. (You can add items to the Mate panel by right clicking.) So when I tap control uparrow, the volume slider drops down and moves in the correct direction. I dont know if this is what you had in mind, but seems close anyway. Its not pefect -- as sometimes the little speaker box pops up instead. No sure why. MrBob22
glenm
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Mate volume display popup

Post by glenm »

Thanks MrBob22 but not exactly what I was looking for. I have a multimedia keyboard with the volume keys and when I press up or down a little window pops up in the middle of my screen, blocking the video for a second after I finish adjusting. Not a big deal, but I would like to get rid of it. I would much prefer to have the slider under my sound icon appear like it used to in older versions.

Return to “Software & Applications”