Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Alan Reynolds
Level 1
Level 1

adobe connect

Post by Alan Reynolds »

I am trying to use Adobe Connect to log onto an online meeting. I can log on OK using Windows XP but not with linux Mint 17. The software is installed and tests out OK. The login screen says "Connecting" then times out after about 10 min. Anyone got any ideas about the problem?
ktheking
Level 4
Level 4

Re: adobe connect

Post by ktheking »

In the thread for Ubuntu 12.04 they advise to turn to chromium to get it working. : http://askubuntu.com/questions/426829/a ... untu-12-04
... he advised me to use the 3rd workaround in the bug report: use Google Chrome on Linux, with its Pepper flash player. I had previously installed the Ubuntu chromium-browser package, and now I installed the Ubuntu package pepperflashplugin-nonfree, which provides this plugin for Chromium. Using Chromium browser, I am now able to connect to Connect server. Since Google now provides a deb package for Chrome, that would probably also work...
And indeed it's confirmed here :
... In any case this is a bug that IMHO must be fixed before leaving the working desktop alternatives out of the distribution. This bug means that Ubuntu is inusable for people who host or attend with voice and camera web conferences held with Flash based software like OpenMeetings or Adobe Connect...
source : https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/865672

So it boils down to a bug in Adobe Flash Plugin.
Alan Reynolds
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Alan Reynolds »

Thanks for that. I have installed Google Chrome and it works like a charm.
ktheking
Level 4
Level 4

Post by ktheking »

Thanks ,can you update the title of this post and add [SOLVED] ?

Return to “Software & Applications”