Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
wyght
Level 2
Level 2

SOLVED -- Thunderbird 31.1.1

Post by wyght » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:47 pm

Hi
I am using Mint 17, I have Thunderbird 31.1.1 which downloads my emails from my pop3 server without a problem. I can also send emails. I can read, forward, reply, save, filter yada yada but I cannot delete emails
When I go to Account Settings -> Server Settings and look at the path to "Local Directory" it is /home/newbie/.thunderbird/uoqbbmg0.default/Mail/mail.myEmailAccount.com.

I have gone to google to search this issue out, nothing seems to help. There are two trash bins one is in my email account on Thunderbird, the other is in local folders on Thunderbird.

Code: Select all

~/.thunderbird/uoqbbmg0.default/Mail/mail.myEmailAccount.com/Trash  
- the one in my email account, this is a directory

Code: Select all

~~/.thunderbird/uoqbbmg0.default/Mail/Local Folders/Trash 
- the one in Local Folders, this is a file with rw permissions -rw------- 1 linux newbie 31984 Sep 23 18:34 Trash

I am able to drag and drop into the Local Folder Trash, I am also able to use the keys "Shift Delete" at the same time and delete. I am not able to use any other method to delete an email.

Can anyone tell me what may be wrong, where I can go to learn more or what I need to do to fix this.

Thanks
Last edited by wyght on Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quia quidquid potest esse Christum
Ego ero quaecumque propter me
WSW

colyn
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Thunderbird 31.1.1

Post by colyn » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:07 pm

Have you tried right-clicking on the trash icon and choosing empty trash?

When in the inbox right-click the message and click delete message then do the above to empty the trash.

wyght
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Thunderbird 31.1.1

Post by wyght » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:25 pm

colyn wrote:Have you tried right-clicking on the trash icon and choosing empty trash?

When in the inbox right-click the message and click delete message then do the above to empty the trash.
Yes, I did try that three times before I posted here nothing changed - or at least I thought i did. You send your reply and I think try it again before you reply "yes" (I am afraid of Stupid User Errors) so I tried empty again and then tried delete and it worked.

Okay, now I am totally annoyed at ME ;-) Yup, I must have done something incorrectly but it works "now" and that is all that counts

thank you.
Quia quidquid potest esse Christum
Ego ero quaecumque propter me
WSW

Return to “Software & Applications”