Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
wpshooter
Level 5
Level 5

How to change view of multiple tabs in Libre Calc

Post by wpshooter » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:12 am

When I want to choose multiple tabs/sheets in the LibreOffice Calc program there is little to no difference/coloration in which tabs (other than the first tab - which is bolded) are chosen and those that are not chosen.

What do I change so that chosen tabs are highlighted in bold just like the first tab ?

Thanks.

goinglinux
Level 1
Level 1

Re: How to change view of multiple tabs in Libre Calc

Post by goinglinux » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:56 am

Your question is perhaps more appropriate to the software developers in a LibreOffice forum, and I am no LibreOffice expert, but I see what you mean. All of the tabs do not become bold when you select more than one. I did notice that the visual indicator that the LibreOffice team chose to use is that the selected tabs turn white while the unselected tabs remain grey. Tab that has the focus (the front-most tab) is bold. It appears that color change is used as the visual cue that a tab is selected, not bold text.

You could propose your alternative in their forum if you want to see them change it. :)
Ubuntu MATE 18.04 64-bit · Dell XPS 13 9360 · Core i7 · 16GB RAM · 512 GB NVMe SSD

Crusader
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Crusader » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:41 pm

wpshooter wrote:When I want to choose multiple tabs/sheets in the LibreOffice Calc program there is little to no difference/coloration in which tabs (other than the first tab - which is bolded) are chosen and those that are not chosen.

What do I change so that chosen tabs are highlighted in bold just like the first tab ?
Posting this on the LO Forum will likely get you more/better responses. Here is my 2 cents worth:

I do not believe you can make the names of all selected tabs bold (only the tab that was selected first will be bold). You can, however, get around this (at least to some degree): color all your tabs (same color or variety - doesn't make a difference). Selected tab(s) turn white and stand out in an array of colored tabs.

Goinglinux's suggestion is excellent: post your idea on the LO developers' forum.
LO 6.x on Mint 19.1 Cinnamon
In a world without walls, who needs Window$

Pierre
Level 19
Level 19

Post by Pierre » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:09 am

if you right-click a Tab - you can re-name it / change the tab colour / etc.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

wpshooter
Level 5
Level 5

Post by wpshooter » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:46 am

Pierre wrote:if you right-click a Tab - you can re-name it / change the tab colour / etc.
We had all of the info on all of the tabs sheet protected, therefore the color selection was not shown under that circumstance. Had to turn protection off on all of the tabs, change color of tabs and then go back and turn protection back on.

Thanks.

Return to “Software & Applications”