Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
adfd1
Level 4
Level 4

Libre Office Calc question Mint 17.1?

Post by adfd1 »

I installed Mint 17.1 yesterday and noticed in Office Calc spreadsheets the tabs at the bottom of each page that contain the names I named the pages with are so tiny now I can't read them. Is there a way to make the tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet pages bigger so I can read the page names I put on the tabs? The tabs in Mint 17.0 were perfect, and these are the same files that were created in Mint 17. New files created in 17.1 have the same problem. Thanks-AD
I Know Nothing
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Libre Office Calc question Mint 17.1?

Post by I Know Nothing »

Are you using the default Mint-X theme? If so, find the /usr/share/themes/Mint-X/gtk-2.0/gtkrc file and look for a line starting with GtkScrollbar::slider-width. Try increasing the value at the end of that line to something like 15 if it's lower than that. I'm pretty sure that's the edit I did to fix exactly that issue when Mint 17 first came out but then soon after they issued a new Mint-X theme via updates that fixed it anyway and might well do the same this time.
adfd1
Level 4
Level 4

Post by adfd1 »

I'm not using that theme. How/ Where would I locate the file you mentioned? Thanks-AD
I Know Nothing
Level 1
Level 1

Post by I Know Nothing »

Well if you're not using that theme then it won't help you finding it. But you might be able to do a similar thing with whatever theme you are using. But for a starting point I'd try changing to a few different themes and see if that fixes it first.
adfd1
Level 4
Level 4

Post by adfd1 »

I tried a few themes and it didn't help. I did locate the file, tried to change the value from 14 to 15 but was unable to edit the # to make the change. it is marked as a read only document -AD

Edit:
There are a few themes that make the tab text larger, its a matter of finding them. I guess I'll have to live with it for now. Thanks-AD
Neil Edmond
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Neil Edmond »

You need to be "root" to edit those files.
I Know Nothing
Level 1
Level 1

Post by I Know Nothing »

To edit a read only file, right click it in your file manager and select "open as administrator". At leats that's what you can do with Mate. I presume Cinnamon has a similar thing. Which theme are you using that gives you the problem?
adfd1
Level 4
Level 4

Post by adfd1 »

I Know Nothing wrote:To edit a read only file, right click it in your file manager and select "open as administrator". At leats that's what you can do with Mate. I presume Cinnamon has a similar thing. Which theme are you using that gives you the problem?
Black Mate was giving me a problem, I liked it a lot from Mint 17. I switched to Dark Looks which has a big ? through it and a message saying "This theme will not look the same because the required window manager Clearlooks is not installed."
I'm happy with the way it looks just the way it is. -AD

Return to “Software & Applications”