[SOLVED] MINT 17.1: Alt+mouse keys changed

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
LiraNuna

[SOLVED] MINT 17.1: Alt+mouse keys changed

Post by LiraNuna »

The update to Mint 17.1 changed the way Alt+mouse keys work when it comes to window management and I cannot seem to find where ti change it back.
In 17 and 17.1, alt + left mouse key moves the window - that did not change
in 17, Alt+middle click used to resize the window - now in 17.1 it brings the window context menu
in 17, Alt+right click was used to bring the context menu - now in 17.1 it's used to resize the window

How do I swap those back? I could not find anything in the new keyboard settings dialog.
Last edited by LiraNuna on Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: MINT 17.1: Alt+mouse keys changed

Post by xenopeek »

It helps if you provide context, like what desktop environment are you using (e.g., Cinnamon or MATE). Surprising perhaps, but if we don't have a clue what software you're using we can't answer you... :)
LiraNuna

Post by LiraNuna »

Whoops, fair point. This is on the Cinnamon version of Linux Mint 17.1 upgraded using the updater from 17.
I know I can change the Alt key using dconf but I was not able to find the other combinations easily.

The key I'm talking about is in the schema

Code: Select all

org.cinnamon.desktop.wm.preferences
and is called

Code: Select all

mouse-key-modifier
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

In the same location, change the resize-with-right-button setting;
Set this to true to resize with the right button and show a menu with the middle button while holding down the key given in "mouse-button-modifier"; set it to false to make it work the opposite way around.
You can change the setting through Dconf Editor (install dconf-tools to get that).
LiraNuna

Re: [SOLVED] MINT 17.1: Alt+mouse keys changed

Post by LiraNuna »

Perfect! Thanks!

Return to “Software & Applications”