something wrong with text edit software in 17.1

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mimoelgato

something wrong with text edit software in 17.1

Post by Mimoelgato »

Good morning and happy new year to all.
I found something strange in the behavior of (pure) text editors in Cinnamon AND Mate 17.1 RBK (64 and 32 bits).
I use mainly Cherrytree oy Keepnote for text organization, but I checked also with Geany, Pluma and Gedit.
In all these software, LINE WRAPPING FUNCTION DOES NOT WORK AT ALL, while in version 16 or 17 of Mate as well as Cinnamon it is working.
This is the reason why I post here, because if it was involving only one software the culprit is known, but here I have this on 5 softwares, leaving me with the impression that a lib or dependance common to these 5 softwares (and maybe more) might be bugged. This is not happening in libreoffice.

Linewrapping function is very useful to text writers or translators.

Best regards
Mimoelgato
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Re: something wrong with text edit software in 17.1

Post by tenfoot »

Using LM17.1 with MATE DE. The text editor is Pluma v1.8.1

Go to Edit > Preferences > View and ensure that "Enable text wrapping" is checked.

The same applies to gEdit

Have had no success with Geany or Cherrytree.
Mimoelgato

Re: something wrong with text edit software in 17.1

Post by Mimoelgato »

Good afternoon Tenfoot
I just finished a completely new clean reinstallation as I saw other disturbances, it seems to be OK, possibly this was due to successive upgrade and updates, I will proceed the same way on my other computers.

Thank you for your answer.

Best regards
Mimo el Gato

Return to “Software & Applications”