[SOLVED] Can't access Gmail via Firefox?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
theeyan
Level 4
Level 4

[SOLVED] Can't access Gmail via Firefox?

Postby theeyan » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:17 am

Since I can't post threads in "Networking" for some reason, I decided to open a thread here. Since a few hours ago I am unable to access my Gmail account via Firefox (or Midori, or Opera). The error message I am receiving is the following:
"An error occurred during a connection to mail.google.com. The server uses key pinning (HPKP) but no trusted certificate chain could be constructed that matches the pinset. Key pinning violations cannot be overridden. (Error code: mozilla_pkix_error_key_pinning_failure)

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem."

I can access Gmail via my Android phone, but I need it on my Desktop much more than I need it there. Does anybody know why this is happening? Is it because of Mint, or...?
Last edited by theeyan on Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

WinterTroubles
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Can't access Gmail via Firefox?

Postby WinterTroubles » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:37 am

I have no idea why this is happening for you, sorry. But, I can confirm that Gmail is working normally for me on both Firefox 35 and Chrome 40.0.2214.85 beta, so it doesn't look like a general Mint or Linux issue.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
WT
17.1Cinn/17.1Xfce

If solved please edit the subject line of your first post to include [Solved] so other users know there's a solution in the topic.

GNU Terry Pratchett

richyrich
Level 17
Level 17

Postby richyrich » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:51 am

Gmail working fine here in Canada . . Mint 17 Xfce, Firefox 35.0+build3-0ubuntu0.14.04.2

theeyan
Level 4
Level 4

Postby theeyan » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:32 am

After realizing that the problem was localized to my computer I restarted the modem and also the computer itself. Gmail seems to be working fine now.

Why it did what it did earlier, even though it worked fine for hours - I have no clue. Oh well, as long as it not an issue any more.

Thanks for the help guys. As always (-:

Return to “Software & Applications”