Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
frankiej
Level 1
Level 1

Install trial Ibm notes 9.0.1 on Mint 17.1 not possible

Post by frankiej » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:10 pm

I want to install a trial of Ibm ( Lotus ) Notes client 9.0.1 on my mint rebecca 32 bit. Many errors: difficult to untar the package, impossible to install because of dependency errors. Most important of them: Notes depends on libcupsys(2) but in Mint that has been renamed/changed to libcups.

I searched many websites for this problem but no results till yet. Seems to be a unique combination: Notes 9.0.1 on Mint17.1.... :?

Does anybody have a solution for me?

frankiej
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Install trial Ibm notes 9.0.1 on Mint 17.1 not possible

Post by frankiej » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:53 pm

There is a .deb indeed. I've unpacked it now. It contains several maps and 20760 files. How can I find which file I have to modify? What do you exactly mean with "modifiying the file control changing that dependency" and how can I edit that file? Remember I'm a newbee ;-).

frankiej
Level 1
Level 1

Post by frankiej » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:20 pm

Thnx for your reply. It works! I had to install 3 more packages but that wasn't difficult. Already present in synaptic.
Unfortunately.... when starting Notes, the start screen of it appears for about 20 seconds, then it disappears and nothing happens anymore.

Now I want to install mint 13 maya on another laptop. So I can try Notes on that OS. *Curious*

frankiej
Level 1
Level 1

Post by frankiej » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:09 pm

I placed it on my desktop. By rightclick I see the properties but the command line command is too long to be seen. I checked the box "Run in terminal".
It starts in terminal indeed but that's only in a short flashmoment and as good as invisible.

Bolle1961
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Bolle1961 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:46 pm

Start your terminal and then paste the command to start Notes in it, then the terminal stays open when Notes stopped
“Only when the last tree has been cut down, the last fish been caught, and the last stream poisoned, will we realize we cannot eat money.” ― Cree Indian Prophecy

frankiej
Level 1
Level 1

Post by frankiej » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:36 pm

Thanx for the reply.
Yessss! I succesfully installed Notes trial. Not yet on Mint 17 but on another laptop running Lubuntu 14.04. I tried all of the options everybody gave me here, unfortunately those resulted in errors. So I installed Lubuntu and went on trying to install Notes. Several errors again like dependency errors and missing packets. I searched a lot on Ibm's website and found the great solution: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21671312
Seemly everybody makes mistakes :? : a clerical error in the command line of dependencies: decency instead of dependency!! :mrgreen:
I copied the commands unthinking, that resulted in dependency error again. A little correction was enough to succeed. Read, read, read!! Haha.

Tomorrow I'm gonna try this solution on my Mint laptop, probably on a fresh install.

frankiej
Level 1
Level 1

Post by frankiej » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:27 am

Bolle1961 wrote:Start your terminal and then paste the command to start Notes in it, then the terminal stays open when Notes stopped
Now I installed Notes (and all fixpacks) on a new installed Mint 17.1 again. Same problem as last time.
This is what I see in terminal:

After that I only can use arrow up and down. Then the line "opt/ibm/notes" appears and isn't to remove.

Return to “Software & Applications”