How to get Imagination Slideshow software to work on Mint17.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
pixbyjnjphotos
Level 1
Level 1

How to get Imagination Slideshow software to work on Mint17.

Post by pixbyjnjphotos » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:29 am

I am a relative newbie. Have been working with Linux for about a year. Now running Mint 17.1 with the mate desktop on an Acer Aspire 4520. Has 2 gig of ram and an AMD Turion 64 X2 processor. Have a Kingston 240 gig ssd. System is running very nicely and very fast. I cannot get the Imagination Slideshow software to work properly. No slide transitions or motions. Installed from the latest repository. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or not. I believe I have read a review that indicated that Imagination would not work on Mint 17.1. Is this correct? If not how do I make Imagination work?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pixbyjnjphotos
Level 1
Level 1

Re: How to get Imagination Slideshow software to work on Min

Post by pixbyjnjphotos » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:36 am

The video is all well and good. However, the video is working with version 2.1 and I have 3.0. I wouldn't think that would make a lot of difference. I was able to add some photos and assign transitions. When I try to preview the slideshow it goes nowhere. It just sits there. I could not export - got some kind of error message and I was too frustrated to remember what it was. The program just does not work properly. I have no idea where to go from here. It would be beautiful if it worked. Any other suggestions???

administrollaattori
Level 14
Level 14

Re: How to get Imagination Slideshow software to work on Min

Post by administrollaattori » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:44 am

pixbyjnjphotos wrote:The video is all well and good. However, the video is working with version 2.1 and I have 3.0. I wouldn't think that would make a lot of difference. I was able to add some photos and assign transitions. When I try to preview the slideshow it goes nowhere. It just sits there. I could not export - got some kind of error message and I was too frustrated to remember what it was. The program just does not work properly. I have no idea where to go from here. It would be beautiful if it worked. Any other suggestions???
Remove current Imagination and install older Imagination via deb-package using GDebi.
http://www.ubuntuupdates.org/package/co ... magination

GiuTor
Level 2
Level 2

Re: How to get Imagination Slideshow software to work on Mint17.

Post by GiuTor » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:47 pm

Hello guys,

just want to let you know I released after 7 years from the 3.0 version, the 3.1:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/imagin ... 2/download

Here is the changelog:

Code: Select all

- Export is now much faster than 3.0 version!
                         - Ending the slideshow with a blank slide with the same transition applied to the first one is now opt$
                        - Added an elapsed time information in the Export dialog.
                        - Made the slides to be selected during the preview/export and its number shown on the menu bar.
                        - Fixed seg-fault when trying to rotate gradient/text slides.
                        - Current slideshow is not closed anymore when clicking ok/cancel in the properties/new slideshow dial$
                        - Slide duration can be finally set to less than a second. That was a long requested feature!
                        - Added patch from Giovanni Mariani to fix ffmpeg cmd line error when producing VOB.
                        - Added two more text transitions and moved -r encoder option before the input filename thanks to Bruc$
                        - Fixed bugs #82 and #83 thanks to Davide Capodaglio. 
                        - Fixed compilation error on Fedora 13 (check for libm)
                        - Fix loading of slides without image, bug #3306969
                        - Fix: Propose a project name (unknown.img) when saving a new project from the "save" button.
                        - The video formats code was rewritten, including saving/loading the project settings. Fixes bug #3306$
                        - Added H.264/MPEG-4 AVC support, thanks to David Gnedt

GiuTor
--
Imagination, a Linux DVD lightweight slideshow maker.
http://imagination.sf.net

Return to “Software & Applications”