Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
440roadrunner
Level 1
Level 1

Brasero, other, won't open or install

Post by 440roadrunner »

Hi folks, I'm a newbie, both to Linux and Mint. I REALLY like the layout of Mint (Elyssa5) but today ran into a problem

Let me preface--only CD/DVD burning I've done in Mint was to download two ISO's right click them and select "write to disc" from the menu. So the hardware should work

This morning I tried Brasero for the first time. All I get is a very quick flash of a window trying to open, then dissappears. I tried uninstalling, then went here:

http://linuxmint.com/software/?sec=cate ... &release=3

and found that NONE of the burning programs will install. Wget opens upon clicking the "install" button on the page for a quick flash, then closes. I've restarted the computer, and have current updates

My lacking skills leave me at a loss

Thanks

exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Brasero, other, won't open or install

Post by exploder »

Try installing Brasero 0.8.2 from here.

removed/search.php?search ... ds=brasero

Hopefully this will help.

440roadrunner
Level 1
Level 1

Post by 440roadrunner »

Thanks that worked to reinstall, but appears not the problem. It turns out---after some fiddling, (I have two drives, a DVD and CD, both burners) that if you insert a blank media, the program will NOT open

Additionally, I opened the program, then inserted the source CD (to copy), and it looked OK at first. When it asked for the blank CD, the program dissappeared. I waited and watched, nothing has happened.

Again, ???

UPDATE: Installed K3B, and it successfully works, in fact, was able to use the DVD R/RW as the source (CD) and the CD R/RW as the blank target.

Still don't know whats wrong with Brasero.
Last edited by 440roadrunner on Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Which drive does Brasero default to? Try selecting the other drive and see what happens.

Return to “Software & Applications”