Openbox in mint repos?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lizbeth

Openbox in mint repos?

Post by lizbeth »

I got this system76 meerkat because i could get financing. It comes with ubuntu 15.04 preinstalled and the website i like to watch with pipelight flash enabled works flawlessly on it. I havent had quite as good luck with debian jessie and debian testing distros. I was thinking of installing openbox and booting ubuntu into openbox but i see it isn't in the repositories and so i thought maybe linux mint still has openbox in their repos, possibly i could install linuxmint and get whatever bennies ubuntu is giving me with pipelight from linux mint and just use openbox. I know it may seem strange but i really prefer openbox.

So is openbox still in the repos for linuxmint 17.1?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Openbox in mint repos?

Post by exploder »

Packages like Openbox in Mint come from the Ubuntu repos. Even if Mint had a version of Openbox it would not do you any good. Mint is using the Ubuntu 14.04 base and you are using Ubuntu 15.04.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

openbox is available in ALL the supported ubuntu editions
http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=openbox
[in universe that AFAIK is not enabled by default in ubuntu]
lizbeth

Post by lizbeth »

Thanks for your help. :D

I should have found that on my own. Wonder why i couldnt. Am i lazy or stupid? :roll:

Return to “Software & Applications”