Getting caja-folder-color-switcher to work?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Post Reply
User avatar
helloimustbegoing
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 404
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:21 pm

Getting caja-folder-color-switcher to work?

Post by helloimustbegoing » Tue May 26, 2015 8:21 pm

I installed caja-folder-color-switcher yesterday, and I'm still trying to figure out how to change the folder colors. Can anyone tell me how to use this?

User avatar
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12
Posts: 4207
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Bumping around in the bush

Re: Getting caja-folder-color-switcher to work?

Post by Fred Barclay » Tue May 26, 2015 10:48 pm

G'day! I'm not sure exactly what your problem is (since you didn't say ;) ), but perhaps this'll help:
http://www.webupd8.org/2014/10/folder-c ... -file.html.
The last of the article especially might help.

Best to you!
Fred
Image
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein

User avatar
helloimustbegoing
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 404
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:21 pm

Re: Getting caja-folder-color-switcher to work?

Post by helloimustbegoing » Wed May 27, 2015 9:45 pm

Thanks for your response, Fred. My problem is this: I installed caja-folder-color-switcher (and verified via the Software Manager that it is indeed installed) but, I don't see any options anywhere on how to use this extension to change the folder colors. There's no right-click options on the folders, there's no options under anything in the tool bar menu. I just don't see anything anywhere on how to use this extension to change my folder's colors.

Thanks for the suggested other program. I have seen that one before. I'd be more inclined to try that one out if it was available from the Software Manager.

mehimu
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:49 am
Contact:

Re: Getting caja-folder-color-switcher to work?

Post by mehimu » Wed May 27, 2015 11:02 pm

Fred Barclay wrote:G'day! I'm not sure exactly what your problem is (since you didn't say ;) ), but perhaps this'll help:
http://www.webupd8.org/2014/10/folder-c ... -file.html.
The last of the article especially might help.

Best to you!
Fred
Thanks for this help, your solution helped me. Thanks again.
I am learning linux and computer networking more and more. I've a blog related to computer networking. If you are interested may visit there. Thanks
whilenetworking.com

User avatar
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12
Posts: 4207
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Bumping around in the bush

Re: Getting caja-folder-color-switcher to work?

Post by Fred Barclay » Thu May 28, 2015 8:25 am

helloimustbegoing wrote:Thanks for your response, Fred. My problem is this: I installed caja-folder-color-switcher (and verified via the Software Manager that it is indeed installed) but, I don't see any options anywhere on how to use this extension to change the folder colors. There's no right-click options on the folders, there's no options under anything in the tool bar menu. I just don't see anything anywhere on how to use this extension to change my folder's colors.

Thanks for the suggested other program. I have seen that one before. I'd be more inclined to try that one out if it was available from the Software Manager.
Okay, confession time. I thought this was the same program you were having trouble with. I see now that it's not.
Guess that's what I get for reading too fast. :oops:

I'm in MATE on Debian Sid myself. I'll install it and see what I get from this end.
Image
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein

User avatar
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12
Posts: 4207
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Bumping around in the bush

Re: Getting caja-folder-color-switcher to work?

Post by Fred Barclay » Thu May 28, 2015 8:29 am

And it's not in the Debian repos, apparently. Do you have a tutorial or a guide that you read about it in?
Image
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein

User avatar
helloimustbegoing
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 404
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:21 pm

Re: Getting caja-folder-color-switcher to work?

Post by helloimustbegoing » Thu May 28, 2015 8:12 pm

Fred Barclay wrote:
And it's not in the Debian repos, apparently. Do you have a tutorial or a guide that you read about it in?
I only noticed it in the Software Manager. I haven't found a tutorial for it. (This is caja-folder-color-switcher I'm talking about.)

Post Reply

Return to “Software & Applications”