Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
DirogEX
Level 1
Level 1

LMMS is not producing any sound after uninstall/reinstall

Post by DirogEX » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:48 pm

First, I would like to mention that this is my first experience with Linux, aside from Ubuntu one time when I was younger. So, you can call me a Linux newbie. I have no idea why LMMS is not working properly, I have restarted the program multiple times, changed the output from my speakers to my headphones and multiple combinations in between, uninstalled and reinstalled four times, but no matter what I do, Every time I try and work with any part of LMMS, I cannot get a sound out of ANYTHING. I run on a windows 7 SP1 OS, 32 bit, with an HP 4545s Probook. Pretty basic stuff, but... It's all I got.

Anyway, my sound drivers are fine, I'm able to produce sound outside of the program, so I know it's not that. Are the Linux gods saying I can't use this program?

Someone please help me! T-T

dagon
Level 7
Level 7

Re: LMMS is not producing any sound after uninstall/reinstal

Post by dagon » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:58 pm

Hello!

:?: What version of LMMS is this?
If it's 1.0 from the Ubuntu repository (Trusty) that one may (still) be probably broken.
:?: Where did you download LMMS from?
:?: What OS/version are you using?
I run on a windows 7 SP1 OS, 32 bit, with an HP 4545s Probook.
Do you mean that you are using Linuxmint in a virtual machine on this computer or are you actually using Windows7?
If Windows is your OS you are on the wrong forum.

In any case I think you should join the LMMS community while you're at it. :wink:
https://lmms.io/forum/viewforum.php?f=7

Rock on! 8)

Return to “Software & Applications”