Correcting out of sync video file

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
iironjade
Level 4
Level 4

Correcting out of sync video file

Post by iironjade »

Is there an application which will enable me to correct an out of sync mpg file? It doesn't have to be fast but I'd prefer it to be simple to use. :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
"A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming."
tinca
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Correcting out of sync video file

Post by tinca »

iironjade,

The first thing that I do when I have captured a video from my Hauppauge Wintv Nova-t usb via Kaffeine is to put it through ProjectX. ProjectX is a java program so it is independent from any operating system.

I have just this minute installed Elyssa 64 bit onto my computer and have just made a folder and copied ProjectX from a USB pendrive into the folder. I am pleased to say that it works faultlessly.

I am not sure where I found my compiled version of ProjectX, but if you have a look on the web you will be able to find it somewhere.

ProjectX sorts out the errors in the mpg and splits it into two streams. One is audio and the other is video. Once it is done you have to remux it back together again.

Best regards Keith
iironjade
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Correcting out of sync video file

Post by iironjade »

Thanks. I'll have a look at it. :D
"A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming."

Return to “Software & Applications”