How to install Krita?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bernd.wechner
Level 3
Level 3

How to install Krita?

Post by bernd.wechner »

This is becoming a recurrent painful issue for me. I offer this experience which epitomises the issue, but it has happened with various packages, and if I can nail this one I have a feeling others might be solved too.

I am trying to install Krita.

Step 1: Use Software Manager.
Finds it. Great. But lists it as Not Available, Please use apt-get to install this package.
Forgive me but that strikes me as weird. But moving right along:

Step 2: Terminal window

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install krita
Reports:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 krita : Depends: calligra-libs (= 1:2.4.0-0ubuntu2.1) but it is not going to be installed
         Depends: libfftw3-3 but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
Why the F not? Is not going to be installed, what gives? So let's try by hand and see what's up?

Step 3: Terminal window

sudo apt-get install calligra-libs
Reports:

calligra-libs : Depends: kdepim-runtime but it is not going to be installed
                 Depends: libkrossui4 (>= 4:4.4.0) but it is not going to be installed
                 Depends: libnepomuk4 (>= 4:4.5.85) but it is not going to be installed
Getting tedious but let's keep going and try by had to install what's needed.

Step 4: Terminal window

sudo apt-get install  kdepim-runtime
Reports:

kdepim-runtime : Depends: libakonadi-calendar4 (>= 4:4.7.90) but it is not going to be installed
                  Depends: libakonadi-contact4 (>= 4:4.8.1) but it is not going to be installed
                  Depends: libakonadi-kcal4 (>= 4:4.8.1) but it is not going to be installed
                  Depends: libakonadi-kde4 (>= 4:4.8.1) but it is not going to be installed
                  Depends: libakonadi-kmime4 (>= 4:4.8.1) but it is not going to be installed
                  Depends: libkalarmcal2 but it is not going to be installed
                  Depends: libkidletime4 (>= 4:4.8.1) but it is not going to be installed
                  Depends: libmailtransport4 (>= 4:4.8.1) but it is not going to be installed
                  Depends: libnepomuk4 (>= 4:4.8.1) but it is not going to be installed
Getting the message, yes. but moving right along ...

Step 5: Terminal window

sudo apt-get install libakonadi-calendar4
Reports:

libakonadi-calendar4 : Depends: libakonadi-contact4 (= 4:4.13.3-0ubuntu0.2) but it is not going to be installed
                        Depends: libakonadi-kde4 (= 4:4.13.3-0ubuntu0.2) but it is not going to be installed
                        Depends: libakonadi-kmime4 (= 4:4.13.3-0ubuntu0.2) but it is not going to be installed
                        Depends: libmailtransport4 (= 4:4.13.3-0ubuntu0.2) but it is not going to be installed
OK, next one in the chain ...

Step 6: Terminal window

sudo apt-get install libakonadi-contact4
Reports:

libakonadi-contact4 : Depends: libakonadi-kde4 (= 4:4.13.3-0ubuntu0.2) but it is not going to be installed
Yawn, on we go ...

Step 7: Terminal window

sudo apt-get install libakonadi-kde4
Reports:

libakonadi-kde4 : Depends: libakonadiprotocolinternals1 (>= 1.11.80) but it is not going to be installed
Come on now, please, will this ever end?

Step 8: Terminal window

sudo apt-get install libakonadiprotocolinternals1
Reports:

The following NEW packages will be installed:
  libakonadiprotocolinternals1
0 to upgrade, 1 to newly install, 0 to remove and 0 not to upgrade.
Need to get 40.7 kB of archives.
After this operation, 155 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://mirror.overthewire.com.au/ubuntu/ precise/main libakonadiprotocolinternals1 amd64 1.7.2-0ubuntu1 [40.7 kB]
Fetched 40.7 kB in 1s (31.9 kB/s)                 
Selecting previously unselected package libakonadiprotocolinternals1.
(Reading database ... 262103 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../libakonadiprotocolinternals1_1.7.2-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking libakonadiprotocolinternals1 (1.7.2-0ubuntu1) ...
Setting up libakonadiprotocolinternals1 (1.7.2-0ubuntu1) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.19-0ubuntu6.6) ...
Finally it installed! Phew ... what was that about, we have one of the packages it depends on? OK, back up the chain to Step 7 call it 9.

Step 9: Terminal window

sudo apt-get install libakonadi-kde4
Reports:

libakonadi-kde4 : Depends: libakonadiprotocolinternals1 (>= 1.11.80) but 1.7.2-0ubuntu1 is to be installed
OK, failed, but more info now. Let's get some more:

Step 10: Terminal window

sudo apt show libakonadiprotocolinternals1
Reports:

Package: libakonadiprotocolinternals1
State: installed
Automatically installed: no
Version: 1.7.2-0ubuntu1
Priority: extra
Section: libs
Maintainer: Kubuntu Developers <kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com>
Architecture: amd64
Uncompressed Size: 155 k
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.14), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1), libqt4-dbus (>= 4:4.6.0),
         libqtcore4 (>= 4:4.7.0~beta1), libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1)
Suggests: akonadi-server (= 1.7.2-0ubuntu1)
Conflicts: libakonadiprotocolinternals1
Breaks: libakonadiprivate1 (< 1.4.90), libakonadiprivate1 (< 1.4.90)
Replaces: libakonadiprivate1 (< 1.4.90), libakonadiprivate1 (< 1.4.90)
Description: libraries for the Akonadi PIM storage service
 Akonadi is an extensible cross-desktop Personal Information Management (PIM)
 storage service. It provides a common framework for applications to store and
 access mail, calendars, addressbooks, and other PIM data. 

This package contains libraries used by the Akonadi PIM storage service.
Homepage: http://pim.kde.org/akonadi
What does that mean? I says it's installed and the version is 1.7.2-0ubuntu1 but it says that it conflicts with itself! I'm going bats here.

But it seems I have Version: 1.7.2-0ubuntu1 and the dependency is asking for (>= 1.11.80) and I'm figuring 1.7.2 is not >= 1.11.80 and this is my problem?

Can this get any harder?

Before you ask, this is all done AFTER I did:

sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
sudo apt-get clean
sudo apt-get autoclean
sudo apt-get autoremove
sudo apt-get check
and the last reports simply:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
What is going on? Main issues I am seeing is:

1) Software manager finds it but says it's not available? Huh? Help me out here, why not?
2) apt won't install it but doesn't say clearly why not only that it won't install things it depends on. Why the heck not? Install dammit! ;-).

OK, I tried this:

sudo apt-get --fix-broken install krita
Same result as step 2.

And this:

sudo apt-get --fix-missing install krita
Same results again, as step 2.

Aaargh. I am at wits end slowly and as I said this is the nth package I wanted to install that this sort of stuff is happening on.

Is my OS broken? Can it be fixed? Is this usual? Why are the software manager and apt so seemingly stupid in that they provide no clear feedback as to what is wrong or what can be done about it?

Any pointers deeply appreciated. Thanking you in advance for your patience and time to have got this far with me.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: How to install Krita?

Post by xenopeek »

Can you share the output of these two commands?

inxi -Sr
apt-cache policy krita
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Krita is a KDE program, and it probably requires a bunch of KDE libs. I have Krita running on my computer, but I had installed several KDE programs (like K3b) previously, so all the depends were already installed. I've seen a couple of threads on this forum from people who have had trouble installing KDE apps, and somebody told them to install something-or-other, but I can't remember exactly what the something-or-other was. Maybe try installing K3b and then see if you can install Krita.

OK, I went and did a little Googling of the forums. The something-or-other they said to install is:

kdelibs-bin
kdelibs5-data
kdelibs5-plugins

Install those and then try Krita again.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
bernd.wechner
Level 3
Level 3

Post by bernd.wechner »

First up, thanks very much for your time and attention. Next:

This:

inxi -Sr
Produces:

System:    Host: bigfoot Kernel: 3.16.0-38-generic x86_64 (64 bit) Desktop: Cinnamon 2.6.13  Distro: Linux Mint 17.2 Rafaela
Repos:     Active apt sources in file: /etc/apt/sources.list
           deb mirror://mirrors.ubuntu.com/mirrors.txt precise main restricted universe multiverse
           deb mirror://mirrors.ubuntu.com/mirrors.txt precise-updates main restricted universe multiverse
           deb mirror://mirrors.ubuntu.com/mirrors.txt precise-backports main restricted universe multiverse
           deb mirror://mirrors.ubuntu.com/mirrors.txt precise-security main restricted universe multiverse
           Active apt sources in file: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/danielrichter2007-grub-customizer-trusty.list
           deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/danielrichter2007/grub-customizer/ubuntu trusty main
           deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/danielrichter2007/grub-customizer/ubuntu trusty main
           Active apt sources in file: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/removed.list
           deb http://archive.removed/ubuntu trusty-removed apps
           Active apt sources in file: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list
           deb http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb/ stable main
           Active apt sources in file: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/nilarimogard-webupd8-trusty.list
           deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/nilarimogard/webupd8/ubuntu trusty main
           deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/nilarimogard/webupd8/ubuntu trusty main
           Active apt sources in file: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/official-package-repositories.list
           deb http://extra.linuxmint.com rafaela main
           deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty-security main restricted universe multiverse
           deb http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu/ trusty partner
           Active apt sources in file: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/official-source-repositories.list
           deb-src http://extra.linuxmint.com rafaela main
           deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty-security main restricted universe multiverse
           deb-src http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu/ trusty partner
This:

apt-cache policy krita
Produces:

krita:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 1:2.4.0-0ubuntu2.1
  Version table:
     1:2.4.0-0ubuntu2.1 0
        500 mirror://mirrors.ubuntu.com/mirrors.txt/ precise-updates/main amd64 Packages
        500 mirror://mirrors.ubuntu.com/mirrors.txt/ precise-security/main amd64 Packages
     1:2.4.0-0ubuntu2 0
        500 mirror://mirrors.ubuntu.com/mirrors.txt/ precise/main amd64 Packages
And next:

This:

sudo apt install kdelibs-bin
Produces:

Building dependency tree       
kdelibs-bin is already the newest version.
kdelibs-bin set to manually installed.
0 to upgrade, 0 to newly install, 0 to remove and 0 not to upgrade.
This:

sudo apt install kdelibs5-data
Produces:

Building dependency tree       
kdelibs5-data is already the newest version.
kdelibs5-data set to manually installed.
This:

sudo apt install kdelibs5-plugins
Produces:

Building dependency tree       
kdelibs5-plugins is already the newest version.
kdelibs5-plugins set to manually installed.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Oh well, it was worth a try. I just remembered that somebody else had a similar problem installing KDE applications, and thought maybe the same solution might apply. No such luck. Wait until xenopeek comes back, he knows much more about this stuff than I do!
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

HI bernd.wechner,

I just read your post and the good replies to it. Here are my thoughts on this as well.

1.) "Krita" is a raster graphics editor based on the KDE Platform. It is also a part of "Calligra" Suite which you might consider installing too.

If you are not using KDE, then just install these few programs below in the quote box in blue.
If you're experiencing issues with KDE apps (like Okular, Gwenview, KStars, kdenlive, ..etc) run the following command from your console terminal prompt: (you can copy & paste it too)
Depending on your setup, you might also need to install "KDE-runtime" as well.
sudo apt-get install kdelibs-bin kdelibs5-data kdelibs5-plugins
2.) You may also have a need to repair the software installation aspects of your system.
To repair Software Manager or Synaptic Package Manager (SPM)
and or installing software from the console terminal prompt.

sudo dpkg --configure -a
sudo apt-get install --yes --force-yes -f

Note: You cannot, or should not, install anything from the terminal while the Mint Update Manager is updating
or you have the Software Manager or Synaptic Package Manager (SPM) open at the same time, or visa-versa.

Hope this helps ...
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Is there a reason you have BOTH Ubuntu Precise and Ubuntu Trusty repositories configured? The former is 12.04 the latter is 14.04. The Linux Mint repositories you have configured look like you should have Linux Mint 17.2 which uses Ubuntu Trusty as a package base. I don't get why Ubuntu Precise is there; but this is the cause of these problems as you see with apt-get policy that Krita is attempted to be installed from the Ubuntu Precise repositories--while the rest of your operating system is based on Ubuntu Trusty--two years into the future as seen from Ubuntu Precise.

I suggest you first check if any packages have been installed from Ubuntu Precise (we'll fix these later, just share the output [if any] here with me):

aptitude search -F "%p %V" "?narrow(?installed,?archive(precise))"
Then go ahead and delete the file /etc/apt/sources.list to remove the Ubuntu Precise repositories.

sudo rm -v /etc/apt/sources.list
Next I suggest cleaning up a bit with:

sudo apt-get autoclean
sudo apt-get update
Then you should be able to install Krita. As per the release notes of Linux Mint 17.2, first run this command to install needed KDE base:

sudo apt-get install kdelibs-bin kdelibs5-data kdelibs5-plugins
bernd.wechner
Level 3
Level 3

Post by bernd.wechner »

Hey, thanks very very deeply for the time and attention. This is certainly an odd experience for me.

But let me first capture the output of:

It is as follows:

add-apt-key                                                                                                                                                                      1.0-0.5       
aspectj                                                                                                                                                                          1.6.12+dfsg-3 
bootchart                                                                                                                                                                        0.90.2-8ubuntu
bum                                                                                                                                                                              2.5.2-1       
chkconfig                                                                                                                                                                        11.0-79.1-2   
dpkg-repack                                                                                                                                                                      1.37          
fbcat                                                                                                                                                                            0.2-2         
friendly-recovery                                                                                                                                                                0.2.25        
gimp-help-common                                                                                                                                                                 2.6.1-1       
gimp-help-en                                                                                                                                                                     2.6.1-1       
gnome-mag                                                                                                                                                                        1:0.16.3-0ubun
grub-gfxpayload-lists                                                                                                                                                            0.6           
gsfonts                                                                                                                                                                          1:8.11+urwcyr1
hunspell-en-us                                                                                                                                                                   20070829-4ubun
hwinfo                                                                                                                                                                           16.0-2.1      
intltool                                                                                                                                                                         0.50.2-2      
intltool-debian                                                                                                                                                                  0.35.0+2006071
laptop-detect                                                                                                                                                                    0.13.7ubuntu2 
libakonadiprotocolinternals1                                                                                                                                                     1.7.2-0ubuntu1
libaspectj-java                                                                                                                                                                  1.6.12+dfsg-3 
libatspi1.0-0                                                                                                                                                                    1.32.0-1ubuntu
libauthen-sasl-perl                                                                                                                                                              2.1500-1      
libboost-serialization1.46.1                                                                                                                                                     1.46.1-7ubuntu
libclass-accessor-perl                                                                                                                                                           0.34-1        
libcrypt-passwdmd5-perl                                                                                                                                                          1.3-10        
libdigest-hmac-perl                                                                                                                                                              1.03+dfsg-1   
libev4                                                                                                                                                                           1:4.11-1      
libfile-basedir-perl                                                                                                                                                             0.03-1fakesync
libfile-copy-recursive-perl                                                                                                                                                      0.38-1        
libfont-afm-perl                                                                                                                                                                 1.20-1        
libgeronimo-jpa-2.0-spec-java                                                                                                                                                    1.1-2         
libgeronimo-osgi-support-java                                                                                                                                                    1.0-2         
libgme0                                                                                                                                                                          0.5.5-2       
libgnome-mag2                                                                                                                                                                    1:0.16.3-0ubun
libhal1                                                                                                                                                                          0.5.14-8      
libhd16                                                                                                                                                                          16.0-2.1      
libhtml-tagset-perl                                                                                                                                                              3.20-2        
libhttp-cookies-perl                                                                                                                                                             6.00-2        
libhttp-negotiate-perl                                                                                                                                                           6.00-2        
libicu48                                                                                                                                                                         4.8.1.1-3ubunt
libicu4j-4.4-java                                                                                                                                                                4.4.2.2-1     
libjsr305-java                                                                                                                                                                   0.1~+svn49-4  
libleptonica                                                                                                                                                                     1.69-2        
liblucene2-java                                                                                                                                                                  2.9.4+ds1-4   
libnet-smtp-ssl-perl                                                                                                                                                             1.01-3        
libosgi-compendium-java                                                                                                                                                          4.3.0-1       
libosgi-foundation-ee-java                                                                                                                                                       4.2.0-1       
libparse-debianchangelog-perl                                                                                                                                                    1.2.0-1ubuntu1
libqrupdate1                                                                                                                                                                     1.1.1-1       
libspnav0                                                                                                                                                                        0.2.2-1ubuntu1
libterm-readline-perl-perl                                                                                                                                                       1.0303-1      
libtesseract3                                                                                                                                                                    3.02.01-2     
libtext-unidecode-perl                                                                                                                                                           0.04-2        
libtext-wrapi18n-perl                                                                                                                                                            0.06-7        
libtiff4                                                                                                                                                                         3.9.5-2ubuntu1
libv8-3.7.12.22                                                                                                                                                                  3.7.12.22-3   
libwebp2                                                                                                                                                                         0.1.3-2.1ubunt
libwww-robotrules-perl                                                                                                                                                           6.01-1        
libxml-sax-base-perl                                                                                                                                                             1.07-1        
libxml-xpathengine-perl                                                                                                                                                          0.13-1        
libzipios++0c2a                                                                                                                                                                  0.1.5.9+cvs.20
menu                                                                                                                                                                             2.1.46ubuntu1 
mp3diags                                                                                                                                                                         1.0.10.065-1  
nicotine                                                                                                                                                                         1.2.16+dfsg-1 
nodejs                                                                                                                                                                           0.6.12~dfsg1-1
nxproxy                                                                                                                                                                          3.5.0-1-0ubunt
pppoe                                                                                                                                                                            3.8-3ubuntu1  
pppoeconf                                                                                                                                                                        1.20ubuntu1   
printer-driver-sag-gdi                                                                                                                                                           0.1-3         
pybootchartgui                                                                                                                                                                   0+r141-0ubuntu
python-central                                                                                                                                                                   0.6.17ubuntu2 
python-gnupginterface                                                                                                                                                            0.3.2-9.1ubunt
python-gtksourceview2                                                                                                                                                            2.10.1-2build1
python-pypdf                                                                                                                                                                     1.13-1        
rcconf                                                                                                                                                                           2.5ubuntu1    
scratch                                                                                                                                                                          1.4.0.6~dfsg1-
squeak-plugins-scratch                                                                                                                                                           1.4.0.2~svn.r8
squeak-vm                                                                                                                                                                        1:4.4.7.2357-1
syslinux-legacy                                                                                                                                                                  2:3.63+dfsg-2u
tesseract-ocr                                                                                                                                                                    3.02.01-2     
tesseract-ocr-eng                                                                                                                                                                3.02-2        
tesseract-ocr-equ                                                                                                                                                                3.02-2        
tesseract-ocr-osd                                                                                                                                                                3.02-2        
ubuntu-extras-keyring                                                                                                                                                            2010.09.27    
vpnc                                                                                                                                                                             0.5.3r512-2ubu
wamerican                                                                                                                                                                        7.1-1         
wbritish                                                                                                                                                                         7.1-1         
x11proto-damage-dev                                                                                                                                                              1:1.2.1-2     
x11proto-render-dev                                                                                                                                                              2:0.11.1-2    
x11proto-xinerama-dev                                                                                                                                                            1.2.1-2       
xfonts-base                                                                                                                                                                      1:1.0.3       
xfonts-encodings                                                                                                                                                                 1:1.0.4-1ubunt
xfonts-scalable                                                                                                                                                                  1:1.0.3-1     
xzoom                                                                                                                                                                            0.3-23     
But the story of how I got that is riddled with oddness and involves a system restart.

Let me just record now that I can do this:

bernd@bigfoot ~ $ apt search krita
p   krita                           - pixel-based image manipulation program for
p   krita:i386                      - pixel-based image manipulation program for
p   krita-data                      - data files for Krita painting program     
That is relevant because after I do this:

sudo rm -v /etc/apt/sources.list
sudo apt-get autoclean
sudo apt-get update
apt search krita returns nothing. Nor can the Software Manager find krita.

And now:

returns nothing. Grrr.

Now repositories are search as I can find gimp, libreoffice and blender without problems to pick some random things I use, and Software Manager can browse packages.

Now if I return /etc/apt/sources.list (given I took a backup copy before removing it) nothing changes (i.e. can't find krita). If I reboot, I'm back where started form (beginning of this post - i.e. can find krita).

So I'm thinking apt needs to asked explicitly to reload sources.list perhaps? But it works to remove it, so not. Bizarre and confusing.
bernd.wechner
Level 3
Level 3

Post by bernd.wechner »

Oh and contextually:
Is there a reason you have BOTH Ubuntu Precise and Ubuntu Trusty repositories configured? The former is 12.04 the latter is 14.04. The Linux Mint repositories you have configured look like you should have Linux Mint 17.2 which uses Ubuntu Trusty as a package base. I don't get why Ubuntu Precise is there;
No reason at all. I was unaware it was. So perhaps more accurately, there must be a reason I just don't know what it is and how it got to be that way? I cannot rule out having put it there myself at an earlier date for some forgotten (and clearly bad) reason.

Yes I'm on Mint 17.2 indeed.

Also I did this (which phd21 recommended):

bernd@bigfoot ~ $ sudo apt-get install kdelibs-bin kdelibs5-data kdelibs5-plugins 
Building dependency tree       
kdelibs5-plugins is already the newest version.
kdelibs-bin is already the newest version.
kdelibs5-data is already the newest version.
bernd@bigfoot ~ $ sudo dpkg --configure -a
bernd@bigfoot ~ $ sudo apt-get install --yes --force-yes -f 
Building dependency tree       
bernd@bigfoot ~ $ 
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Upon second look, you have removed part of the Linux Mint official repositories. I suggest opening Software Sources from your menu and clicking to reset the default settings.

Alternatively, as root edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/official-package-repositories.list and add the lines:

deb http://packages.linuxmint.com rafaela main upstream import
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu trusty main restricted universe multiverse
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu trusty-updates main restricted universe multiverse
You'll likely want to add appropriate lines to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/official-source-repositories.list as well for the same.

Afterwards run:

sudo apt-get update
bernd.wechner
Level 3
Level 3

Post by bernd.wechner »

Thanks, thanks a million times thanks! To everyone who lent a hand.

Indeed the fix ultimately was, in Software Manager to reset to default settings for sources, and the do an update and all came good.

Somehow, somewhen perhaps a few weeks ago my repository configs got screwed up it seems.

I do however have the sad experience that when that goes awry (for whatever reason) that the feedback provided by the aptitude family of tools is rather poor and unclear sadly. But I don't foresee a need to fix this fast, as there clearly hasn't been in past as a) it's probably not going to happen unless you do something weird (I'm prone to ;-) and so won't affect the vast majority of users and b) there is in fact a good community in the forums that is helpful and patient. Both relevant points as I'm trialling Linux (again after a decade of absence - I grew up on Unix systems) with a view to seeing if it has evolved far enough to recommend to my family members ... am still not 100% sure, but it's certainly very close and the jury is out ;-).
Jeremy2006

Post by Jeremy2006 »

Okay so I found this...

In software manager if you go to flatpak and look around you will find org.kde.krita.
This is the solution to getting the app not completely secure but it works. I am not sure how to get it in terminal but otherwise problem solved :D

Return to “Software & Applications”