Effective application to recover all data from a micro SD me

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
whitewolf1608

Effective application to recover all data from a micro SD me

Post by whitewolf1608 »

EI welcome very warmly Total online :)

I ask very kindly asking you to Dear forum members :)

We urgently need an application that quickly and effectively recover deleted data from my SanDisk Ultra 32GB Micro SDHC Class I 10.

On this tab, I wrote a few photos and I shot some movies in 1080p.

However, very urgently I need to recover deleted photos from the card, as best as we could to the original resolution and the original size.

Please also list the appropriate commands into the console.

From Above all thank you for all the help :)

Sincerely Whitewolf1608
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Effective application to recover all data from a micro S

Post by Fred Barclay »

If all you need is to recover .jpeg photos, recoverjpeg is a good tool that's worked for me many times:
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/har ... peg.1.html

Look at the first example given: it seems to correspond pretty closely to what you're needing. If you need help with the particulars post back and I'll do my best.

Foremost also looks promising, and seems to support more than just .jped recovery, but I haven't used it personally so I probably can't help much. with it. :)
https://www.howtoforge.com/recover-dele ... h-foremost
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein
LinuxJim

Post by LinuxJim »

PhotoRec works well and is part of the testdisk package.

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install testdisk
then

Code: Select all

man photorec
whitewolf1608

Post by whitewolf1608 »

Welcome :)

Hi, this memory card micro sd after losing those images are still used to use. I shot some videos FULL HD He made some pictures. Is it possible to recover those photos back to the front of the card is formatted micro sd?

I used programs Photo Rec and Dugital Image Recovery. None found those pictures.

Please any help.

Sincerely Luke
Allison

Post by Allison »

whitewolf1608 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:59 am Welcome :)

Hi, this memory card micro sd after losing those images are still used to use. I shot some videos FULL HD He made some pictures. Is it possible to recover those photos back to the front of the card is formatted micro sd?

I used programs Photo Rec and Dugital Image Recovery. None found those pictures.

Please any help.

Sincerely Luke
You could try a data recovery program like Disk Drill, SanDisk RescuePRO or PhotoRec [ https://www.cleverfiles.com/help/sandis ... tware.html ] to restore the files, but there's a good chance that some of them will be unrecoverable after a format.
Last edited by Allison on Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Charles

Re: Effective application to recover all data from a micro SD me

Post by Sir Charles »

If you have access to a Windows-pc, you could use Recuva from https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva. Just recently, I accidentally deleted a large part of my backuped documents, photos, etc and I could recover them (probably up to 95%) using Recuva in Windows.
Mute Ant

Re: Effective application to recover all data from a micro SD me

Post by Mute Ant »

"I used programs Photo Rec" My opinion is: If photorec can't find the pictures, they are gone forever. You have written over them.

There's no harm in a second opinion, or a third or fourth. You can make a duplicate of the whole SD card quite easily...
sudo cp /dev/sdB /dev/sdC
...taking care to write-protect the original first, then write-protect the copy afterwards too.

This is worth practicing purely for backup purposes...
During a photo-session == Don't delete anything, use another SD card.
End of photo-session == Backup your work, possibly onto something cheaper. Keep the copy separate from the original.

Return to “Software & Applications”