Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
jojopara
Level 3
Level 3

no drive button in Total Commander

Post by jojopara »

Hello,

On a previous installation of Mint Cinnamon 64 I had my (Windows) D drive with a button for the drive; after the new installation there is no butto. The drive can be reached from /media/username, though.

Thank you in advance1

Cosmo.
Level 23
Level 23

Re: no drive button in Total Commander

Post by Cosmo. »

Where is the relationship to TC? This is a Windows program.

karlchen
Level 21
Level 21

Post by karlchen »

Hello, jojopara. Hello, Cosmo.

The relationship between Total Commaner, a Windows file-manager, and Linux Mint is like this:
Total Commander users have a strong tendency of being "die hard fans" of their Windows file-manager and run it on Linux Mint under Wine, when they finally switch from Windows to Linux. (OK. I admit I have just over-generalized my own behaviour. :wink:)

The relevant setting, jojopara, might be found in winecfg, tab "Drives". winecfg can be launched from the commandline or by clicking on "Configure Wine" in the Mint Menu, sub-menu "Wine". In the tab "Drives" you can define additional (Windows like) drives using the [Add] button.

(Click screenshot to enlarge. Press <Alt><Cursor_Left> to return here.)

Cheers,
Karl
Linux Mint 19.3 64-bit Cinnamon, Total Commander 9.51 64-bit
Haß gleicht einer Krankheit, dem Miserere, wo man vorne herausgibt, was eigentlich hinten wegsollte. (Goethe)

jojopara
Level 3
Level 3

Post by jojopara »

Cosmo, many people like myself want to use this excellent file manager in Linux as well.

Karl. thank you for the advice!

I have found out that I have to mount the partition by opening it with Nemo and then the tab appears in TC.

jazz.h
Level 4
Level 4

Post by jazz.h »

karlchen wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:40 am
might be found in winecfg, tab "Drives"
Hello!
I started to use TC under Wine, but I can't make it access local network shares and my NAS. Is there a fix for it so I use TC for copying/moving files over LAN?

Return to “Software & Applications”