Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
invfor
Level 1
Level 1

Opera and Firejail

Post by invfor » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:03 pm

Installed Opera today and was blown away at how much faster it was than firefox and even Chromium. The only thing is when i launch it in firejail i can't save any bookmarks or home page, they save during the current secession but when i close the browser i loose it all. The next time i launch it from the desk top in firejail i get the accept terms an lisc. agreement and all the settings are gone an it's completely start over...if i launch it normal this doesn't happen. Also if i do Chromium an firefox the same way nothing is lost after shut down, all bookmarks and settings are there.

May be Opera doesn't need a secure sandbox? I hate it cause i thought i had found a new browser, but i like the protection of firejail.

Anyone have any experience, or info with Opera and firejail?

Thanks

GeneBenson
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Opera and Firejail

Post by GeneBenson » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:22 am

Hi invfor,

What version of firejail are you using? Later versions include a profile for Opera in /etc/firejail. If that profile is missing you might want to install the latest version (0.9.38) from the firejail site. I don't have Opera installed so I can't say if it works or not.

It may be helpful to open a terminal and start Opera with this command: firejail --debug opera

Hope this helps. :D

invfor
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Opera and Firejail

Post by invfor » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:40 am

It's latest version, i just downloaded it from the universe web site the other day....i will try the debug command an see what happens. I may just abandon Opera, the more i read on it it's one of the most unsecure browsers around. firejail or no that's not what i'm looking for.

thanks fro the reply an info though.

Return to “Software & Applications”