LF : Landscape Design App

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DataMan

LF : Landscape Design App

Post by DataMan »

At some point here in the US Midwest, winter may actually come to an end. When the permafrost subsides this year, I'd like to re-do a couple of our perimeter beds. Rather than go the route of hand sketched layouts, I'd like to do some real dimensioned drawings of the re-designed beds. I'm looking for any recommendations on drawing packages that have a good supply of landscape stencil/template objects. I currently have installed dia and the OO drawing package. I didn't locate anything close in either of these packages to support landscape design.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Tx,

DataMan
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
proxima_centauri

Re: LF : Landscape Design App

Post by proxima_centauri »

Maybe Google SketchUp? I didn't run on Linux last time I checked though.
DataMan

Post by DataMan »

Thanks for the suggestions. A little bit pricey for my one shot project. Will continue checking around to see if I can find a suitable app to run native on Lx. If all else fails, will use my Windows Visio Pro @ work.

Thanks Again,

DataMan
Fred

Post by Fred »

DataMan,

http://www.tenlinks.com/CAD/products/linux.htm

I don't know if anything here would be of interest to you or not, but it might be worth a look.

Fred

Return to “Software & Applications”