Questions about applications and software
- Level 1
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:40 am
I am trying to define a keyboard shortcut for nemo under Mint 18 Cinnamon. I'm trying to define the exact shortcut mentioned in this solution (move a file from one pane to another) for Mint 17 on stackoverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1905 ... ts-to-nemo
for Nemo 2.2.4 under Linux Mint 17 I do this:
- Go to: /home/yourusername/.gnome2/accels --- NOTE: .gnome2 is a hidden folder!
- Open the "nemo" file with your text editor
- Add your shortcut: for example, when having 2 panes to move a folder or file from one pane to the other using "CTRL+j":
(gtk_accel_path "/DirViewActions/Move to next pane" "j")
Note: remove the ";" at the beginning of the line
- Restart the GTK system: sudo killall -u yourusername
- Open Nemo, to test my example: press "F3" choose different folders on each pane, select one folder or file from one pane and press "Ctrl+j", that folder or file should move from one pane to the other one.
However, there is no .gnome2 directory under Mint 18 Cinnamon. Where can I define the shortcut?
- Level 1
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:19 am
The ~/.gnome2 directory seems to be missing in Linux Mint 18. You have to manually create it. What I did was:
$ mkdir -p ~/.gnome2/accels
$ touch ~/.gnome2/accels/nemo
Then I copy+pasted the following line inside the 'nemo' file:
(gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/DirViewActions/OpenInTerminal" "<Primary><Shift>t")
in order to be able to open the terminal from the current directory via Ctrl+Shift+T. After I restarted nemo, I noticed the rest of the missing lines inside the file had also been filled in.