Multiple media applications on the same audio output

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Multiple media applications on the same audio output

Post by jimallyn »

I am sure I have had multiple audio sources playing at once, but I just tried it to make sure. Works fine. It might be good to know something about your system. Open a terminal and enter inxi -Fxz then copy and paste the output here.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Multiple media applications on the same audio output

Post by jimallyn »

Theoretically, Pulse audio is supposed to allow multiple audio sources. I have always used PulseAudio Volume Control to set up that sort of thing. Find and install pavucontrol in Synaptic or Software manager. Then start several sources playing, and look to see if they appear in PulseAudio Volume Control. They should, and you should be able to set the volume of each source independently. That do it?
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

Return to “Software & Applications”