Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
phd21
Level 19
Level 19

Re: How to get ffdiaporama on Mint 18?

Post by phd21 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:41 pm

HI avb12,

Besides this post, there are other posts on installing "ffDiaporama" like the one below on page 2 that do describe some "dependencies" for "ffDiaporama", but since "ffDiaporama v2.1" was actually in Linux Mint 19.x Software Manager or Synaptic Package Manager (SPM) for the first time, I thought that when it was installed it would bring in any other required packages. Like I said, I just installed in Linux Mint Cinnamon 19 and then installed " ffDiaporama" and it just worked right away for me.

Mint Movie Maker? - Page 2 - Linux Mint Forums
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=240580&hilit=ffdiaporama&start=20

Note: Because I enjoy video and audio editing, and creating videos, the first thing I do is install various software packages related to those like "kdenlive" video editor, "SoundKonverter" audio converter, and "K3b" DVD/CD/Blu-Ray application, with all their recommended and suggested packages. I was also compiling "qTox" my favorite secure multimedia messenger for others and myself, and perhaps doing this installed any required "ffDiaporama" dependencies.

For Linux Mint 19, the console terminal command below should install any requirements for running "ffDiapoprama v2.1 or v2.2"
Open a console terminal, type in, or copy & paste, the line below: Click "Select All" above command, right click the highlighted command, select Copy (or Ctrl+Insert), click in the console terminal window, and right click paste (or Ctl+Shift+v), then exit the console terminal.

* Updated 10-03-2019 to add "libqt5sql5-sqlite"which should allow fffDiaporama to work without installing qTox.

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install kde-runtime mint-meta-codecs ffmpeg x264 x265 libqt5help5 libqt5multimedia5 libqt5multimedia5-plugins libqt5multimediawidgets5 libqt5sql5-sqlite

Hope this helps ...
Last edited by phd21 on Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Phd21: Mint 19.2 Cinnamon & xKDE (Xfce) & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Ancient Dell OptiPlex 780 Core2Duo E8400 3GHz,4gb Ram, 256gb SDD, only Intel 4 Graphics. Why I use KDE?:https://opensource.com/life/15/4/9-reasons-to-use-kde

phd21
Level 19
Level 19

Re: How to get ffdiaporama on Mint 18?

Post by phd21 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:12 am

HI avb12, & Anyone Else,

Okay, I installed a totally new Linux Mint Mate 19 (64-bit) and ran all of the typical after install updates from the Linux Mint Update Manager. Then, I immediately installed "ffDiaporama v2.1" and I got the same message "avb12" got a "segmentation fault" error without any "xml" errors though. FYI "avb12": the "libstd" stuff was already installed.

So, I installed the typical dependencies for ffDiaporama v2.1 in Linux Mint 18 and 19, got the same results. I then installed "Kdenlive", "K3b", and "soundKonverter" with all their recommended and suggested packages from the "Synaptic Package Manager (SPM)" because they are superb software packages and to get as many video and audio codecs installed so that any video and audio software applications and programs can use them, and still no go, received the same message.

Then, I ran the little script program (qtox-install.sh) available in the link below that I wrote to quickly and easily download, compile, and install the excellent "qTox (Qtox)" multimedia messenger which only takes a few minutes, and bingo ffDiaporama v2.1 came right up !?! So, something installed with that qTox installation script is what ffDiaporama v2.1 needed in order to run which makes some sense since they are both developed using the QT programming language.

FYI: qTox (Qtox) secure multimedia messenger installation
- see my last post
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=257745

Hope this helps ...
Phd21: Mint 19.2 Cinnamon & xKDE (Xfce) & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Ancient Dell OptiPlex 780 Core2Duo E8400 3GHz,4gb Ram, 256gb SDD, only Intel 4 Graphics. Why I use KDE?:https://opensource.com/life/15/4/9-reasons-to-use-kde

Return to “Software & Applications”