Evolution view

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
BaidareW

Evolution view

Post by BaidareW »

Hi,
was searhing all over internet but couldn't figure it out. I was using TheBat! on windows and for all accounts it has separate folders (including inbox, outbox..) but in Evolution mail I get all mail in one place.

How can I separate my mail account because I don't want all mail to land in one place. I read somewhere about creating rools but I think it should be easier way to do that (maybe somewhere in View options).
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rivenought

Re: Evolution view

Post by rivenought »

I think that in the Evolution help notes, there is something about POP3 versus IMAP. I know that IMAP accounts all have different folders by default. I do not use POP3 email, so I never followed that avenue of research, but I remember seeing something about it mentioned.

Some email providers offer either POP3 or IMAP access, so if at all possible, you may wish to consider the IMAP option. Maybe that will help out in getting you pointed in the right direction. Good luck.
BaidareW

Post by BaidareW »

Thank you, yes IMAP created folders for different accounts.But is there a way to make such thing with pop ?
rivenought

Post by rivenought »

I just looked at the Evolution FAQs. I saw this:
Is it possible to have separate individual pop accounts?

This is not possible, Evolution only has one unique inbox for incoming email. Either use IMAP instead of POP or move incoming emails into different folders by setting up filters: set up a new folder and create two subfolders (for incoming and for sent mail of that account). Now set up an incoming filter ("Edit > Message Filters...") to move incoming mail to the incoming folder by filtering on the recipient's address and an outgoing filter to move outgoing mail to the sent folder by filtering on the sender's address.
The version of Evolution I am using is 2.22.3.1 on Debian 5 "Lenny." I am not sure how the Ubuntu version does, but it is probably similar. Perhaps someone who uses both Evolution and POP3 can give further advice. Also, you may wish to post this question over in the Ubuntu forums since Evolution is installed by default over there, whereas Thunderbird is the default over here. Good luck.

Return to “Software & Applications”