Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
red-e-made
Level 5
Level 5

Strange Menu Behavior

Post by red-e-made »

OK, for some reason, MintMenu is now doing this:

Anyone recognize what's going on here? I don't remember doing anything special to the menu settings.
red-e-made
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Strange Menu Behavior

Post by red-e-made »

Anyone?
viking777
Level 14
Level 14

Post by viking777 »

You might get a few more answers if anyone could actually view the image you posted.
Fujitsu Lifebook AH532. Intel i5 processor, 6Gb ram, Intel HD3000 graphics, Intel Audio/wifi. Realtek RTL8111/8168B Ethernet.Lubuntu 13.10,Ubuntu12.10 (Unity), Mint16 (Cinnamon), Manjaro (Xfce).
distoaddict
Level 4
Level 4

Post by distoaddict »

i can see it. but i don't know what it means.
i will try to upload it
rivenought
Level 5
Level 5

Post by rivenought »

Have you tried to reload the plugins or remove and add the mintMenu back to see if that makes a difference? Those are the first things I can thing of doing.
red-e-made
Level 5
Level 5

Post by red-e-made »

rivenought wrote:Have you tried to reload the plugins or remove and add the mintMenu back to see if that makes a difference? Those are the first things I can thing of doing.
Thanks. I've done this twice now - uninstall, shut down, start up, install. Same results.

I'm also happy to hear now, months after the fact, that images I post don't show up for some people.
rivenought
Level 5
Level 5

Post by rivenought »

I do see both of your images, by the way. I am not sure why some people do not see them.

Another thought... Have you done any updates to mintMenu lately? I believe there were some Level 1 and 2 updates in the past week or so. I use either the Main or the Custom GNOME menus, for the most part. I added and pulled up the mintMenu, but I have not been able to duplicate your problem
red-e-made
Level 5
Level 5

Post by red-e-made »

rivenought wrote:I do see both of your images, by the way. I am not sure why some people do not see them.

Another thought... Have you done any updates to mintMenu lately? I believe there were some Level 1 and 2 updates in the past week or so. I use either the Main or the Custom GNOME menus, for the most part. I added and pulled up the mintMenu, but I have not been able to duplicate your problem
I used to allow Level 4 and 5 updates, but not anymore! I learned my lesson, heh. Everything else goes through, though, so there may indeed have been an update to my system with regards to mintMenu.

I've been using Gnome menu, and it's fine, except it has a Mac icon (?!), which makes no sense to me but whatever. So ... I don't know. I've been playing around trying to find anything out of the ordinary, yet nothing jumps out at me.
red-e-made
Level 5
Level 5

Post by red-e-made »

red-e-made wrote:
rivenought wrote:I do see both of your images, by the way. I am not sure why some people do not see them.

I used to allow Level 4 and 5 updates, but not anymore! I learned my lesson, heh. Everything else goes through, though, so there may indeed have been an update to my system with regards to mintMenu.

I've been using Gnome menu, and it's fine, except it has a Mac icon (?!), which makes no sense to me but whatever. So ... I don't know. I've been playing around trying to find anything out of the ordinary, yet nothing jumps out at me.
EDIT: I was able to change the icon for the Gnome Main Menu from the Mac icon to the Linux Mint one by going into gconf-editor and creating a custom icon path. So it's created an improved mintMenu. BUT, I would still love to know what's causing my mintMenu to behave in this bizarre manner.
viking777
Level 14
Level 14

Post by viking777 »

I see your attachments now, though I definitely did not before. Sadly it hasn't helped me with a solution though, it is a very strange error.
Fujitsu Lifebook AH532. Intel i5 processor, 6Gb ram, Intel HD3000 graphics, Intel Audio/wifi. Realtek RTL8111/8168B Ethernet.Lubuntu 13.10,Ubuntu12.10 (Unity), Mint16 (Cinnamon), Manjaro (Xfce).
red-e-made
Level 5
Level 5

Post by red-e-made »

viking777 wrote:I see your attachments now, though I definitely did not before. Sadly it hasn't helped me with a solution though, it is a very strange error.
I quite agree. The Gnome Menu hack is working fine enough, but in general I find it good to know why errors like this occur and what can be done to prevent and/or fix it.

Return to “Software & Applications”