Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
anista
Level 1
Level 1

Openoffice 3 image problems

Postby anista » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:17 am

Hello,

I am using Openoffice 3 on three computers: a PC running Linux Mint, an Eee-pc running eeebuntu, and a macbook running OSX Leopard . I have just written a paper on my mac, saved it in .odt, and tried to open in Linux Mint and in Eeebuntu. I need to work on it on PC:s.

On Eeebuntu, there's no problem, however, on Linux Mint the paper in question does not show the images properly, or rather, not at all. All images are gone (except one), there is only space left - not even a frame or anything like that, just blank space. I find this strange, because I'm using the same .odt-file, and I'm using the same OpenOffice 3 on all three computers. Anybody know why I can't see images in OO on LM? Probably just a setting, but on eeebuntu and osx it worked without tampering with any settings at all.

Thanks,

Anista

Edit: Oh, and I am new to Linux Mint as well as to GNU/Linux in general, so I don't know if this is the correct forum. I just thought that since the problem occurred only on the Linux Mint-machine, I could get some help here. Thanks again!

Husse
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Openoffice 3 image problems

Postby Husse » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:31 am

Well I still use OO2 :)
I tried to google image odt but the result was disappointing - all sorts of strange hits....
What kind of images is it?
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it

anista
Level 1
Level 1

Postby anista » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:25 am

Different kinds of images, .png, .jpg, .gif. And it seems like the problem only occur when I create the document on the macbook, not the other way around funnily enough, but I didn't think this was a mac-issue. I looked around in different fora, and I found other people with the same problem, but there wasn't any solution that I could find. I also noticed that if I converted the document to .doc, I could see the frame around the pictures, but without content.

It's no biggie, really, I just have to insert the images manually again, but it would be nice to have "real" solution anyway :)

Husse
Level 23
Level 23

Postby Husse » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:38 am

but it would be nice to have "real" solution anyway

It sure would - but considering the strange hits I got when I googled this I think it would demand a lot of work
Check the OO forums and Help
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it

anista
Level 1
Level 1

Postby anista » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:15 pm

Husse wrote:
but it would be nice to have "real" solution anyway

It sure would - but considering the strange hits I got when I googled this I think it would demand a lot of work
Check the OO forums and Help

Will do! Thanks for your time, I'll report back here if I find a solution.

Return to “Software & Applications”