Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
jhouse59
Level 3
Level 3

Re: K9copy how to record DVD "Solved"

Post by jhouse59 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:44 am

slider wrote:*Maybe by DVD player you mean a regular stand-alone unit?
Yes it is. I just bought a DVD player that plays AVI files. I had some files that would work in it that where made in M$ (windows). When I'd right click it and choose Properies. Then click on the "Audio/Video" tab I'd get something like this "ISO MPEG-4 (DivX5, ffmpeg) or ISO MPEG-4 (XviD, ffmpeg). The one's I made with AcidRip had this "ISO MPEG-4 (ffmpeg)". The DivX5 or XviD was missing. My DVD player wouldn't play the video. The sound would work.

The files will play on my computer good.
Notice above where it says "blocky and poor".
Yes. I think so. It just seems like the video is breaking up.
You could also run in terminal as well and watch the output.
Can you tell me how to run it in the terminal?

I'll play around with these settings. Try and get them to work. I'll report back here. Thanks.

slider
Level 5
Level 5

Post by slider » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:00 am

Wow that sounds pretty cool! Well hopefully we can get it to work with Linux. Try reading any manuals that came with the player that may give us a clue to its compatibilities.

To run Acidrip in a terminal, open a terminal window and just type:

Code: Select all

acidrip
then you should be able to check the terminal window for output while the program is running. You should be able to find a terminal emulator in "menu > system" of your main menu.

I'll look forward to your next post.

Goodluck

jhouse59
Level 3
Level 3

Post by jhouse59 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:29 pm

slider wrote:Wow that sounds pretty cool! Well hopefully we can get it to work with Linux.
If your talking about the DVD player. I got it off eBay. Its a PHILIPS DVP5992 1080p HDMI USB 2.0 DIVX DVD PLAYER.
I'll look forward to your next post.
I've got a couple of movies to work. Had to move the Bitrate to around 921 and lock the "Bits/Px" so it would be on 0.200. I checked the xvid in the Codec settings. Also, done 3 passes. Don't know if I had to do that.

slider
Level 5
Level 5

Post by slider » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:47 pm

Had to move the Bitrate to around 921 and lock the "Bits/Px" so it would be on 0.200.
Yep! You got it! :D And the extra passes do add more time to the project, but doing so will give you a lot better quality of results. And yes, I use Xvid as well, works good.

Glad you got it workin.

Enjoy and experiment! :)

tvgc

Return to “Software & Applications”