[SOLVED] Problems installing 888 Poker through Wine

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Fisherpal

[SOLVED] Problems installing 888 Poker through Wine

Post by Fisherpal »

I am running 17.3 Mate and trying to install this poker client. I got the .exe file from 888 Poker. I am using PlayonLinux to try to install it now. I also have Winetricks and q4wine installed. I chose Configure Wine to use Win 7. The installation seems to go fine (I unchecked all the shortcut options except Desktop shortcut) but after the installation shows it is complete, this error message pops up:

"This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin 'windows'. What the heck does that mean? I haven't installed any other games through PlayonLinux so this is the first time I am trying this.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or what other tweaks need to be done? Thanks!!
Last edited by Fisherpal on Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Problems installing 888 Poker through Wine

Post by Pierre »

mainly that it is an "unsupported program".
- that is - - that YMMV when using ./wine to support any windows based EXE programs.
:(
try looking for a linux based alternative, instead of that particular program.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
Fisherpal

Re: Problems installing 888 Poker through Wine

Post by Fisherpal »

Okay - got it working. I updated my Wine version in PlayonLinux and that seemed to fix the problem. Everything working as it should.
Futur3H4wk
Level 1
Level 1

Re: [SOLVED]Problems installing 888 Poker through Wine

Post by Futur3H4wk »

I have a similar problem. Updated WINE TO 3.0 and finally got the program to load but now it hangs after log in. I know I was able to log in because 888 sent me an email. but there is this popup that says loading and I can't click on any of the options in the lobby.
My wife is so old ... She's so old she used to input COBOL programs with punch cards...
Futur3H4wk
Level 1
Level 1

Re: [SOLVED]Problems installing 888 Poker through Wine

Post by Futur3H4wk »

I think my problem is that I don't access the internet through the state of New Jersey. My work around was to find a different poker site.
My wife is so old ... She's so old she used to input COBOL programs with punch cards...

Return to “Software & Applications”