What is the installed size of PlayOnLinux?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ronshere

What is the installed size of PlayOnLinux?

Post by Ronshere »

I have installed PlayOnLinux in Mint Mate and I am very surprised to find
that it is taking up 446MB of disk space. I have examined every file and fold
and there is very little there, I have not even used it or added anything to it.
it just takes up a lot of space.
Has anyone checked the size of their PlayOnLinux installation?
what is the size of it?
Why does it take up so much space?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Re: What is the installed size of PlayOnLinux?

Post by kc1di »

I'm not sure how much it takes up but it reservse space to make virtual drives to actually install programs in. Then I suppose that may vary as you add programs and new virtual drives.
you can get an idea for which programs use the most space with this command in a terminal.

Code: Select all

du . | sort -nr | head -n10
That will give you the top 10 in which ever folder you in at the moment. if you want total results you can leave off the | head -n10 at the end.
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: What is the installed size of PlayOnLinux?

Post by Cosmo. »

You did not say, where those 446 MB have been stored, but I assume, that you mean the profile. So those are most likely the files inside of the subfolders windows and Program Files with the basic parts of the emulated Windows system.

Return to “Software & Applications”