How to set HomeBank credit limit

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JamesKB
Level 2
Level 2

How to set HomeBank credit limit

Post by JamesKB »

Anyone out there using HomeBank? If so I have a question.

How does one set the maximum amount (credit limit) allowed on a given credit card, so that the Future column shows available credit (green amount or red is one has exceeded their limit) ??

Thank you for your time.
--
JamesKB
JamesKB
Level 2
Level 2

Re: How to set HomeBank credit limit

Post by JamesKB »

Anyone have any ideas about this??
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

They do have a support page:

http://homebank.free.fr/support.php
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
JamesKB
Level 2
Level 2

Post by JamesKB »

I am aware that they have a support page. However, at the bottom of the page they state "I do manage HomeBank freely in my spare time, so it may take long to reply sometimes (I mean weeks, month maybe). So please be patient to get a reply !" So... I though perhaps I might get a response from a current user of HomeBank. I'm really not excited about having to wait "... weeks, months ..." for a response. But thank you for your time anyway.
Humbug

Post by Humbug »

I do use Homebank but I have never needed to do what you're looking for. However, in the Manage Acounts window for each account there is an option to set a minimum balance limit - does this do what you want?
JamesKB
Level 2
Level 2

Post by JamesKB »

Thanks for the reply Humbug,

No it does not. I want to set the Credit Limit on a credit card account, so that I'm shown the available credit remaining on the credit card (as is possible using Quicken for Windows).
Humbug

Post by Humbug »

I see what you mean - but I don't think there's any way of doing it on the main accounts screen.
The minimum balance does in fact act the same as a credit limit on a credit card account (just a matter of terminology) but the only way you can see the kind of display you're after is to go to the Balance screen, which does (I think) provide what you're looking for. The opening Accounts screen isn't really that configurable, it's just a basic summary.
JamesKB
Level 2
Level 2

Post by JamesKB »

HiYa Humbug,

I'm new to Linux, coming from the Windows world, and have been using Quicken for years. Thanks for the tips, I'll try to figure it out.

Have a good day.
--
JamesKB
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

JamesKB wrote:I am aware that they have a support page. However, at the bottom of the page they state "I do manage HomeBank freely in my spare time, so it may take long to reply sometimes (I mean weeks, month maybe). So please be patient to get a reply !" So... I though perhaps I might get a response from a current user of HomeBank. I'm really not excited about having to wait "... weeks, months ..." for a response. But thank you for your time anyway.
So why in the frak are you using an app that does something that's important and is so poorly maintained????

Search "ubuntu quicken altrernatives". ANd lose the sarcastic italics.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
JamesKB
Level 2
Level 2

Post by JamesKB »

Oh thank you Hoser Rob for your most intelligent and helpful reply. I have searched as you suggested am trying several apps. If I don't find one I like perhaps I'll just install CrossOver and continue to use Quicken.

Thank you for your time and have a good day.
--
JamesKB

PS: Take note... no sarcastic italics. :lol:
JamesKB
Level 2
Level 2

Post by JamesKB »

Issue almost solved. (Sorry Hoser Rob, I could not help meself.) :D

I have installed VirtualBox and in it a legal copy of Win 7. So now I can install my Quicken software there, import a backup of me Quicken files and use it there. Or, I can install CrossOver and run my current install of Quciken.

I'm gonna test it... and see what happens. :D

Have a good day.
--
JamesKB
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

I think that's a good idea. There are times when you need a particular program.
JamesKB
Level 2
Level 2

Post by JamesKB »

Issue SOLVED/RESOLVED! I did the VirtualBox thing, installed Windows 7, installed Quicken 2016. All works well. I'm a happy camper. :D

Thanks for all the tips.

Return to “Software & Applications”