Repos for various libraries.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
digitography
Level 1
Level 1

Repos for various libraries.

Post by digitography »

I need to compile a specific piece of software call ircddbgateway.
I have successfully compiled this on numerous Linux flavours, including Mint 17.1.
However when I try to install the necessary libraries they all fail to load.

The libraries in question are wx2.8-headers wx-common libwxgtk2.8-0 libwxgtk2.8-dev libwxbase2.8-0 libwxbase2.8-dev portaudio19-dev libportaudio2 build-essential libusb-dev g++ libusb-1.0-0 libusb-1.0.0.dev

I understand that Mint is no longer using the Ubuntu repos and is using the debian repos, could anyone offer any insight?
would adding the correct repos get these to load, problem is what repos?

Thanks as always for assistance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Repos for various libraries.

Post by xenopeek »

digitography wrote:I understand that Mint is no longer using the Ubuntu repos and is using the debian repos, could anyone offer any insight?
No. We have LMDE—Linux Mint Debian Edition—which is currently using Debian Jessie as a package base. Linux Mint 17.x are using Ubuntu Trusty as a package base. Linux Mint 18.x are using Ubuntu Xenial as a package base. Linux Mint 18.2 is in active development for release around June.

The packages you mention are available only on Ubuntu Trusty. Newer Ubuntu releases generally use newer software releases. E.g., you'll find wx3.0-headers on Ubuntu Xenial instead of wx2.8-headers. Same for the other 2.8 packages, replace those with 3.0. Those versions are also available on Ubuntu Trusty BTW. If you're using some program that specifically depends on the 2.8 version try to wake up its developers as to the fact that their software isn't compatible with the current Ubuntu LTS (Xenial, from April 2016).
digitography
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Repos for various libraries.

Post by digitography »

OK thanks for the clarification on the various repos.
the software ended it's development life 2 years ago, so won't go any further forward as far as I know.
I did install the 3.0 packages, but it fails part way through the compile.
It was worth a shot.

Return to “Software & Applications”