Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
viking777
Level 14
Level 14

Ubuntu Tweak

Post by viking777 »

I just saw a new package listed in the repos called "Ubuntu Tweak". Despite its name it is a Mint version of the package. I thought I would have a look at it and it is actually quite useful particularly so if you are not familiar with Mint as it 'centralises' a lot of different tweaks into one place.

There are some screen shots of it here:

http://ubuntu-tweak.com/screenshots

Probably not one for the old hands here but newbies might like it, have a look and see for yourself.
Fujitsu Lifebook AH532. Intel i5 processor, 6Gb ram, Intel HD3000 graphics, Intel Audio/wifi. Realtek RTL8111/8168B Ethernet.Lubuntu 13.10,Ubuntu12.10 (Unity), Mint16 (Cinnamon), Manjaro (Xfce).

Husse
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Ubuntu Tweak

Post by Husse »

oh - I've missed that one :)
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it

David Valentine
Level 1
Level 1

Post by David Valentine »

Unfortunately, I get a "this distribution isn't supported" error message on Felicia x64. :(

Edit: What I should have said is this:

Unfortunately, I get a "This feature isn't currently available in your distribution" error message whenever I select any of the "Application" sub-menus on Felicia x64.
Last edited by David Valentine on Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lantesh
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Lantesh »

Ubuntu Tweak is a great program, and has really matured over time. I've been using it for a couple years now, and it just keeps getting better.

matmat07
Level 1
Level 1

Post by matmat07 »

You need to patch the source file for it to work on gloria. I got rid of that message, but I need to restart the computer to know if super user mode works. Only entering the super-user password isn't working.

Lantesh
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Lantesh »

yoshilog wrote:I got the same message as David Valentine, which is saying "This feature isn't currently available in your distribution".
This was not an issue in Felicia for me, but I after installing Gloria and I am now getting this message as well.
matmat07 wrote:You need to patch the source file for it to work on gloria. I got rid of that message, but I need to restart the computer to know if super user mode works. Only entering the super-user password isn't working.
Can you post instructions for this fix? I'm sure everyone here would sing your praises. :D

Return to “Software & Applications”