Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
tim noble
Level 1
Level 1

installing Mobile Atlas Creator MOBAC on mint cinnamon 64 bit

Post by tim noble »

I have the following instructions, but I don't know how to execute them, step by step. Can anyone help me please?

"You can start MOBAC by executing the start-up script start.sh . Before starting MOBAC the first time it may be necessary to set the executable bit for start.sh e.g. by executing the following command:

chmod u+x start.sh "

Thanks

Pilosopong Tasyo
Level 6
Level 6

Re: installing Mobile Atlas Creator MOBAC on mint cinnamon 64 bit

Post by Pilosopong Tasyo »

tim noble wrote:...set the executable bit for start.sh e.g. by executing the following command: chmod u+x start.sh
It may not be necessary to follow the command-line route as given by the instruction. You can use Nemo (the file manager) to enable the execute bit. Assuming the file is located in your home folder, right-click the start.sh file and click Properties. In the Properties dialog box, select the Permissions button. Click the checkbox beside "Allow executing file as program" if it's blank, then click the Close button. Done.

OTOH, if you prefer to follow the instruction -as is- right click the folder where start.sh is located and click "Open in Terminal." Once the terminal window is open, enter the command chmod u+x start.sh. No feedback message means the command was successful. Close the terminal app and you're done.
o Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime!
o If an issue has been fixed, please edit your first post and add the word [SOLVED].

tim noble
Level 1
Level 1

Re: installing Mobile Atlas Creator MOBAC on mint cinnamon 64 bit

Post by tim noble »

Thankyou very much for your time - I was able to load MOBAC and eventually use it - I found a very simple cause for my failure to work the programme.
My trouble is a complete ignorance of the kind of commands and processes I asked about and, unfortunately, the answer you kindly posted. Usually the problem is me not reading menus or pages sufficiently, and floundering around in a panic.
The next problem I have found I hope I have solved by downloading nautilus - we shall see!
Thanks again.

Return to “Software & Applications”