CQRLOG installs incorrectly and won't run

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bart1452

CQRLOG installs incorrectly and won't run

Post by bart1452 »

I'm running a new installation of Mint 18.1 Serena on an IBM T-43 laptop with 2 gigs of memory and a 40 gig HD. I hope to use this as a backup or mobile station computer in my amateur radio station for logging, HF digital communications, and VHF packet radio.

I installed CQRLOG v1.9.0-5 using the Synaptic Package Manager. No new dependencies were listed for installation, and no dependencies were listed for removal. Only the CQRLOG file was downloaded and installed.

At installation I got this error message:
W: Can't drop privileges for downloading as file '/root/.synaptic/tmp//tmp_sh' couldn't be accessed by user '_apt'. - pkgAcquire::Run (13: Permission denied)

When I run CQRLOG I got another error message:
"CQRLOG
Executable not found: "mysqld"
Press OK to ignore and risk data corruption
Press Cancel to kill the program"

If I click OK and continue I get another error message:
"CQRLOG
List index (0) out of bounds
Press OK to ignore and risk data corruption
Press Cancel to kill the program"

At the same time as the just previously mentioned error box, a second box opens from the program saying:
"Question
It seems you are running this program for the first time,
are you going to save data to the local machine?
If you say Yes, new databases will be created. This may take a while. Please be patient."

When I click yes, the program disappears and nothing happens, and apparently it closes. I can reopen the program from the program menu and start the whole sequence over.

I tried uninstalling it, rebooting, and reinstalling it but that doesn't solve it.

Does anybody know what the matter is and how to fix it?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bart1452

Re: CQRLOG installs incorrectly and won't run

Post by bart1452 »

Update: I tried starting it from the terminal window and got a list of error messages:
dave@dave-ThinkPad-T43 ~ $ cqrlog

**** DEBUG LEVEL 0 ****
**** CHANGE WITH --debug=1 PARAMETER ****

FATAL ERROR: Can not get MySQL client library version version!
Setting to default version (5.1)
IniFile:/home/dave/.config/cqrlog/cqrlog.cfg
LocalIniFile:/home/dave/.config/cqrlog/local.cfg
TApplication.HandleException Executable not found: "mysqld"
Stack trace:
$08283DF3
$0810F0D0
$0817BB38
$0836B625
$0836B58F
$0835EE34
$B6ED7991

(cqrlog:6572): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 20 was not found when attempting to remove it

(cqrlog:6572): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 19 was not found when attempting to remove it

(cqrlog:6572): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 52 was not found when attempting to remove it

(cqrlog:6572): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 51 was not found when attempting to remove it

(cqrlog:6572): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 57 was not found when attempting to remove it

(cqrlog:6572): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 56 was not found when attempting to remove it
Closing ini file ...
dave@dave-ThinkPad-T43 ~ $ ^C
dave@dave-ThinkPad-T43 ~ $
jasongambit

Re: CQRLOG installs incorrectly and won't run

Post by jasongambit »

Hey~
Not a "fix" per se but have you tried using a different logging program? I am fond of klog [recives frequent updates and loads of options ... EXCEPT can't save directly as the contest file type that most groups use ... but does save as adif/adf ]

Another option is the built in logger for FLdigi, which also would give you the nice waterfalls/spectrum display if so desired [plus like a bazillion digital modes].

Meanwhile, I will install CQRlog tonight, after I get back home [about to leave] and see if I get that, or any error.
GL OM and 73 de KE7TDY
~j

Return to “Software & Applications”