Before you post please read how to get help
blackoutworm
Level 2
Level 2

Kdenlive gives error upon rendering

Post by blackoutworm »

Hi there.
I am getting this error while I am trying to render a video:
*** Error in `/usr/bin/melt': munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer: 0x00000000009b8460 ***
Any idea what this means and how to fix it?

Hoser Rob
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Kdenlive gives error upon rendering

Post by Hoser Rob »

I think you may have better luck at the Kdenlive support forum:

https://forum.kde.org/viewforum.php?f=262

blackoutworm
Level 2
Level 2

Post by blackoutworm »

Thanks

phd21
Level 19
Level 19

Post by phd21 »

Hi "blackoutworm",

I just read your post and the good replies to it. Here are my thoughts on this as well.

It would help to know more about your system setup. If you run "inxi -Fxzd" from the console terminal prompt, highlight the results, copy and paste them back here, that should provide enough information.

Have you installed "ubuntu-restricted-extras", "melt", "mencoder" from the Software Manager or Synaptic Package Manager (SPM)? If not, I recommend doing that.

Kdenlive is in active development and has updates beyond what is available in the Mint repositories. So, you should use their PPA to keep it updated. I also recommend that you go into the "Synaptic Package Manager (SPM)", search for Kdenlive, right click and install all recommended and suggested packages, click apply, ok (reboot afterwards).

A lot of applications also use "ffmpeg" for audio and video processing, including Kdenlive, so updating it would also be a good idea.

Hope this helps ...
Phd21: Mint 19.2 Cinnamon & xKDE (Xfce) & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Ancient Dell OptiPlex 780 Core2Duo E8400 3GHz,4gb Ram, 256gb SDD, only Intel 4 Graphics. Why I use KDE?:https://opensource.com/life/15/4/9-reasons-to-use-kde

Return to “Software & Applications”