Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
adm1jtg
Level 1
Level 1

newbie problem with both juniper client and OCS

Postby adm1jtg » Wed May 06, 2009 11:59 pm

I have just switched to linux mint and really like the interface much better then ubuntu (which i was only on for a week). I however have 2 main issues I have not been able to resolve.

1) I am trying to compile the pidgin sipe plugin for OCS access to work. I had it working in ubuntu. I used the following directions:
http://blog.endurancetrails.com/2009/02 ... linux.html
In mint however when I run the make command this is what I get
Making all in src
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jeff/Desktop/pidgin-sipe-1.3.4/src'
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc -I/usr/include/libpurple -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/share/locale\" -g -O2 -module -avoid-version -no-undefined -o libsipe.la -rpath /usr/lib/pidgin libsipe_la-sip-ntlm.lo libsipe_la-sipkrb5.lo libsipe_la-sipmsg.lo libsipe_la-sipe.lo libsipe_la-sipe-sign.lo libsipe_la-uuid.lo -lpurple -lglib-2.0
libtool: link: gcc -shared .libs/libsipe_la-sip-ntlm.o .libs/libsipe_la-sipkrb5.o .libs/libsipe_la-sipmsg.o .libs/libsipe_la-sipe.o .libs/libsipe_la-sipe-sign.o .libs/libsipe_la-uuid.o -lpurple /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so -Wl,-soname -Wl,libsipe.so -o .libs/libsipe.so
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpurple
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [libsipe.la] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jeff/Desktop/pidgin-sipe-1.3.4/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I cannot figure out what I did wrong or different then the ubuntu installs. Any help would be much appreciated.

2) The other problem I have never been able to resolve and that is getting the juniper network VPN client to work. I have tried many peoples combinations but cannot get anything to work. I always get RPM query for SSL failed. I have actually set a root password and this did not seem to help.

Sorry for such a long first post but I am anxious to get rid of windows for good.

emorrp1
Level 8
Level 8

Re: newbie problem with both juniper client and OCS

Postby emorrp1 » Thu May 07, 2009 4:47 am

for the first question, perhaps you need the development packages for pidgin: pidgin-dev From the description:
This package contains the headers and other development files not included in
the main pidgin package. Install this if you wish to compile your own plugins.
If you are creating a pidgin plugin package, please be sure to read
/usr/share/doc/pidgin-dev/README.Debian.dev after installing pidgin-dev.

For the second, have you tried using the network manager for VPN: right-click on network icon, edit connections > VPN
If you have a question that has been answered and solved, then please edit your original post and put a [SOLVED] at the end of your subject header
Hint - use a google search including the search term site:forums.linuxmint.com

adm1jtg
Level 1
Level 1

Re: newbie problem with both juniper client and OCS

Postby adm1jtg » Mon May 11, 2009 2:36 pm

I have installed all the listed reqs as far as i can tell nothing is missing.

The vpn client must be the juniper software.

Return to “Software & Applications”