the only way to browse my wordpress site offline is by having a complicated installation of what is necessary to run it?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
charroo
Level 4
Level 4

the only way to browse my wordpress site offline is by having a complicated installation of what is necessary to run it?

Post by charroo »

hopeless because i could not succeeded at installing LAMP etc...

either on the pi or on mint.

:?:

thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
i'm on Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
kukamuumuka

Re: the only way to browse my wordpress site offline is by having a complicated installation of what is necessary to run

Post by kukamuumuka »

Is your site onto your computer or web?
charroo
Level 4
Level 4

Re: the only way to browse my wordpress site offline is by having a complicated installation of what is necessary to run

Post by charroo »

currently i still have it on the web.
but soon my shared hosting will end.

i want it offline only--this way i can get what i want from it to add to my new blog on Blogger.
kukamuumuka

Post by kukamuumuka »

charroo wrote:currently i still have it on the web.
but soon my shared hosting will end.

i want it offline only--this way i can get what i want from it to add to my new blog on Blogger.
If you want to make an offline installation to your computer, you should have all databases from your site. Probably easier to make new (offline) site onto your computer using LAMP or XAMPP. :wink:
charroo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by charroo »

Probably easier to make new (offline) site onto your computer using LAMP or XAMPP. :wink:
so if i understand you right, you're saying that i need to install either of them? it's mandatory
do i need anything but the updraft plus full backup? or do i need the database separately?

when i've tried to install LAMP i couldn't succeed.
kukamuumuka

Post by kukamuumuka »

charroo wrote:
Probably easier to make new (offline) site onto your computer using LAMP or XAMPP. :wink:
so if i understand you right, you're saying that i need to install either of them? it's mandatory
do i need anything but the updraft plus full backup? or do i need the database separately?

when i've tried to install LAMP i couldn't succeed.
You cannot run wordpress without server.

https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/serverguide/wordpress.html
charroo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by charroo »

ok

thanks

but why does lamp isn't very simple to install?

Return to “Software & Applications”