Text selection color in inactive pdf window

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
yusufbolu
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:09 pm

Text selection color in inactive pdf window

Postby yusufbolu » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:30 pm

Hello everybody,

I have a situation with document viewers' text selection colors.
I use a pdf file as a source document and work with LO Writer side by side. When I select a text in the pdf file and switch to Writer then the text selection (highlight) color changes. I find this distracting and annoying.

I tried with Xreader, Atril and Evince. When their window is active the selected text is highlighted green (#9AB87C). When their window is not active the color then changes to,
Xreader: a light grey (#F7F7F7)
Atril: a light grey (#F7F7F7)
Evince: a darker grey (#D6D6D6)

The theme I use is Mint-X and window manager is Compiz (I tried other themes and wm's without a result)

When I check the theme's css (gtk-main.css) I see that #F7F7F7 is defined as theme_base_color and #D6D6D6 is defined as theme_bg_color.

I want the selected text's highlight color to remain as it is although its window is not active. It used to be that way, but with the latest (or last two) release versions of Linux Mint it broke.

Can you tell me how to fix this? By modifying theme and/or document viewer? Or anything else?

Additional information: I am using latest Linux Mint 18.2. There is screenshots collection attached.
Attachments
screenshots.png

aes2011
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:39 pm

Re: Text selection color in inactive pdf window

Postby aes2011 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:02 pm

yusufbolu wrote:Hello everybody,

I have a situation with document viewers' text selection colors.
I use a pdf file as a source document and work with LO Writer side by side. When I select a text in the pdf file and switch to Writer then the text selection (highlight) color changes. I find this distracting and annoying.

I tried with Xreader, Atril and Evince. ...

Hi, you have tried with the built-in pdf viewer of Google Chrome (or Chromium)? I just tried and the color of the selection doesn't change when the browser window becomes inactive, at least for me.

yusufbolu
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Text selection color in inactive pdf window

Postby yusufbolu » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:18 am

aes2011 wrote:Hi, you have tried with the built-in pdf viewer of Google Chrome (or Chromium)? I just tried and the color of the selection doesn't change when the browser window becomes inactive, at least for me.


Hi. Now I tried with Chromium. You are right, the color doesn't change with it. I tried with Firefox too, but with Firefox color changes. Maybe I can go on with Chromium for some time. Thank you.

Yet, I do not consider the issue solved. If somebody has a solution for the exact problem I prefer it.

aes2011
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:39 pm

Re: Text selection color in inactive pdf window

Postby aes2011 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:34 am

yusufbolu wrote:...
Yet, I do not consider the issue solved. If somebody has a solution for the exact problem I prefer it.
Fair enough! If I have time, I'll see if there's a fix :)

aes2011
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:39 pm

Re: Text selection color in inactive pdf window

Postby aes2011 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:04 pm

By the way, have you experimented with other gtk themes? You may have better luck.

yusufbolu
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Text selection color in inactive pdf window

Postby yusufbolu » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:57 am

aes2011 wrote:By the way, have you experimented with other gtk themes? You may have better luck.

Yes, I tried Mate-themes, without luck.

aes2011
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:39 pm

Re: Text selection color in inactive pdf window

Postby aes2011 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:30 am

Try the Greybird theme, It's part of the shimmer-themes package in the repos.

yusufbolu
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Text selection color in inactive pdf window

Postby yusufbolu » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:31 am

aes2011 wrote:Try the Greybird theme, It's part of the shimmer-themes package in the repos.

The same.


Return to “Software & Applications”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MrEen and 15 guests