Help! For installing Materials Studio 2017

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
CRaZY_BiTS

Help! For installing Materials Studio 2017

Post by CRaZY_BiTS »

I am currently running Linux Mint 18.2 Sonya on my Acer E5-575G Intel i5 7th Gen, Dedicated 2GB VRAM + 8GB DDR4 RAM. I am trying to install Materials Studio 2017, which is a scientific package used by Material Scientists. Somebody Please help me to install it... I am unable to install it in my laptop.

Materials Studio 2017 System Requirements :

http://accelrys.com/products/collaborat ... or-ms.html

Is that because of I am running Debian or Isn't that simply not working because of something else?

Comment ASAP

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Help! For installing Materials Studio 2017

Post by Moem »

CRaZY_BiTS wrote:Is that because of I am running Debian or Isn't that simply not working because of something else?
You're not running Debian. But you're also not running any of the required Linux based OSes: RedHat or OpenSuse. It's not going to work.
CRaZY_BiTS wrote:Comment ASAP
The word 'please' would not go amiss here. This sounds like an order. We don't take orders around here.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
CRaZY_BiTS

Post by CRaZY_BiTS »

Sorry for that, Will this be resolved if I use some RPM based Distros like Fedora or CentOS?
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

I'm not sure. I think you'll get better answers from the people who make this software.
But if that worked, it seems likely that they would add these options on their website... right? It would be a positive after all.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
CRaZY_BiTS

Post by CRaZY_BiTS »

Okay, I'll check it out.

Return to “Software & Applications”