Kmajongg doesn't fully install using Software Manager

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
stevenlee

Kmajongg doesn't fully install using Software Manager

Post by stevenlee »

Hi Folks,

Not a big issue, but I'm using Linux Mint 18 32bit. The same problem occurs on Linux Mint 18 64bit on another computer. (I have been using VirtualBox as a host for VMs. I did the same thing using Windows Hyper-V. My current VM host is VMware Workstation 14 Player.) This issue occurs in all VMs.

Using the Software Manager when I install Kmahjongg, Mah Jongg, it seems to install properly. Then I can't easily locate it. It doesn't show up in the menu, like it used to under Games. In fact the Games menu doesn't exist. It used to create a Games menu, and then populate it with Kmahhongg. That doesn't occur.

I used to be able to open a terminal session and just run Kmahjongg. That doesn't work either anymore.

I have to locate the executable and run it at /usr/games/kmahjongg, or create a launcher pointing to that location and find an image for Mah Jongg to use.

Other programs installed via the Software Manager work fine.

I didn't know how to notify folks of this apparent defect in the installer. So I posted it in this forum.

Thanks,
Steven
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Software & Applications”