LM 18.1 MATE 64bit - Channel editor for smart TV wanted

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Centauri39
Level 4
Level 4

LM 18.1 MATE 64bit - Channel editor for smart TV wanted

Post by Centauri39 »

I've got a smart tv (Model: LG webOS TV LJ594V) and I copied the channel list from the TV to a thumbdrive.

On that thumbdrive there are
one empty folder called LG Smart TV
and the files GlobalClone00001.TLL
and $TXRAJNL.DAT.

Now I'm looking for a channel editor to have a comfortable way of sorting my channels,
because sorting them on the TV is an extremely annoying procedure.

Unfortunately, the only editor I found is ChanSort, which seems to support Windows only.

I also tried to run it within WINE, in vain.

Does anybody know what to do, please?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kukamuumuka

Re: LM 18.1 MATE 64bit - Channel editor for smart TV wanted

Post by kukamuumuka »

I do not know, but there is some applications available.
http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/201 ... on-ubuntu/
Centauri39
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Centauri39 »

Sorry, that's not what I've been looking for.
I don't need a tool to watch TV, but to sort a channel list copied from my TV device.
kukamuumuka

Post by kukamuumuka »

Centauri39 wrote:Sorry, that's not what I've been looking for.
I don't need a tool to watch TV, but to sort a channel list copied from my TV device.
https://userbase.kde.org/Kaffeine-TV
Centauri39
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Centauri39 »

That one doesn't fit my needs either, because it doesn't seem to support .TLL-files.
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Post by rene »

From a quick google it appears that the GlobalClone00001.TLL is in a text format? XML-ish likely? There may be a ready-made tool out there in that wider XML-filesort sense, you could try and write something yourself (if your desired order admits programmatic description certainly), or just manually rearrange things if there's not a huge number. It seems that if you delete anything BUT the GlobalClone00001.TLL file before importing back to the TV it should work...
Centauri39
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Centauri39 »

Yes indeed, the content of that file it looks like an xml.
But in order to rearrange all the channels there's "too much text around the channel names", so it is difficult to tell one section from another and there are too many of them.
So, rearranging is not at a trivial job to do.

Writing something on my own is no option because I'm not a programmer.
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Post by rene »

Right, was referring to something like this: https://sourceforge.net/projects/xmltreeeditor/ as to that "wider XML-filesort sense". It's available as a .deb so likely easy to try/check out. Not being channel list specific it'll be probably not be perfect but perhaps still useful enough.

If you have a way of programmatically describing your desired order I could probably get you a script if you'd send me the TLL file but if (as expected) you are looking for a sort based only on preference that gets harder...
Centauri39
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Centauri39 »

I just tried your suggestion, but It doesn't show any channel names, so there's no way to see what to rearrange.

I guess, the only chance is to make the above mentioned tool ChanSort run on Wine, but obviously, I'm unable to find out how to do this.
I didn't manage to run it, nor in Wine, nor in PlayOnLinux.

I also didn't succeed to install a later Wine than 1.6, which is too old, probably.

Some kind of a platform independent rearranging tool with drag&drop functionality would be great.
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Post by rene »

If you can confirm that the sort method is not according to some simple criterion such as alphabetized on channel name or numerically on an in the entry present value I'll not further suggest a programmatic approach -- but note that if it is, it's going to be near trivial to do, for example with the use of a stylesheet; in that case let us find a method of getting that GlobalClone00001.TLL file over here so I can inspect/test and get you a sorter.

WINE I've hardly any experience with. It's only been a few years that I run any Windows programs again and then only games. Always considered WINE a bit besides the point. You may have more luck with Windows inside of a VirtualBox VM -- but personally I'd feel it rather overblown to install Windows just for the purpose of rearranging a text file...

A stylesheet to simple parse out the channel names into a text file which you could then sort according to preference is also trivial; using the ordered file to then rearrange the original requires some further thought (or sed...) but should be doable as well. If you'd like me to take a look please provide the TLL file somehow.
Centauri39
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Centauri39 »

Let's continue with this tomorrow (maybe in about 8 or 9 hours from the moment I've posted these words),
because it's late night at my place and time for me to go to bed now.
I will think about a way to get the file to you (probably as a zip stored at a file hoster, if you don't mind?).

Until then, let me add this: Unfortunately, the wanted order is not an alphabetical or numerical one and that's the reason,
why I think, a tool with a drag&drop feature might be the fastest way of sorting all channels in a wanted order.

The problem, as I can see it, is that the channel names are hard to find, and they are arounded by many other lines,
which makes it even harder to find out what belongs to a particular channel and where the previous section ends and next one begins.
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Post by rene »

A file hoster will work fine. If the file is actual XML there's a whole host of tools available; the idea is to provide you with two scripts: one to parse the original XML to a one-channel-per-line plain text file which you'd sort with just any text editor, and a second one to take the original XML and the thus sorted file and regenerate the reordered XML. Both are with for example XSLT and/or XQuery easy IF the original is actual XML or easily transformed into actual XML. Might need more ad hoc methods (sed, awk, ...) if not. Sorting a plain text file should supposedly be easier/faster than clicking your way through even ChanSort.

It could be useful if you'd first test if this in fact works at all though. I.e., only reorder the first and second channel entries, say, (manually or through for example that XML Tree Editor thing) and then try and re-upload to your TV. I saw it mentioned somewhere on the ChanSort forum that if you just delete that (supposedly binary) DAT before doing so the TV will contend itself with the TLL. But I don't myself have an LG Smart TV to test that...
Centauri39
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Centauri39 »

Ok, I'm back, now.

I just realized, the forum offers an option to send e-mails.
The first one doesn't allow for attachments,
but the ones after this one should do well by means of our mail clients.
Do you agree in an e-mail contact with me (I promise, I will definitely not abuse your address in any way)?
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Post by rene »

Had to check if I used a valid address but seems I did: sure. Should be able to get you something in return this evening.

Return to “Software & Applications”