(SOLVED) Add command line

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
devvan

(SOLVED) Add command line

Post by devvan »

When I scroll in firefox, I get some tearing, I think itś called. I got this from a friend, which I write/copy to terminal.
It works, but it is gone everytime I restart my computer, how can I make it permanently?
And does anyone know what it does?

nvidia-settings --assign CurrentMetaMode="nvidia-auto-select +0+0 { ForceCompositionPipeline = On }"
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Add command line

Post by all41 »

You could make a script to run this such as:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
nvidia-settings --assign CurrentMetaMode="nvidia-auto-select +0+0 { ForceCompositionPipeline = On }"

exit
Right click the script and choose Properties/Permissions and choose to make it executable.
If that works for you then go to menu/Startup Applications click the Add button, give it a name
and for the Command browse to that script
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

This site explains how to make it permanent by adding the line to your etc/X11/xorg.conf :wink:
devvan

Post by devvan »

Thank you both.

Edit: I cant not make a backup of that file, because it is not there, according to console.
/etc/X11/xorg.conf
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

devvan wrote:Thank you both.

Edit: I cant not make a backup of that file, because it is not there, according to console.
/etc/X11/xorg.conf
Normally the nvidia driver setup writes an xorg.conf file.

What does find /etc/X11/ -iname '*xorg*' return.

If you don't already have an xorg.conf then use the method described by all4.
devvan

Post by devvan »

It did not give me anything, only the line with my username/computername like it does when I start the terminal, no output.
I'll try it out.
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

devvan wrote:It did not give me anything, only the line with my username/computername like it does when I start the terminal, no output.
I'll try it out.
OK, then you don't have an xorg.conf file for some reason so use all41's method :wink:

Return to “Software & Applications”