Terminal window freezes

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Amnion

Terminal window freezes

Post by Amnion »

I just updated to Mint 18.3 XFCE. when I open a terminal window and name it, I can no longer use my mouse to do anything in the window. So if I move off the terminal I can't get back to it and if I was in another tab I can't use it. I can't even close the terminal.

Any thoughts? I know that the XFCE updated terminal to the .8 version, maybe its not ready for prime time?

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Terminal window freezes

Post by deepakdeshp »

Do you have the 18.3 iso?when booted from 18.3 live usb do you have the same problem?
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
Amnion

Post by Amnion »

I did not use the iso. I was updating over a network and just used sed to change the repositories to sylvia.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

Please test by booting from the 18.3 iso if you get the problem
Upgrade from 17.x to 18.x isn't recommended as it can lead to a myriad of problems.
From 18.x to 18.x the upgrade should be ok
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
Amnion

Post by Amnion »

I originally upgraded from 18.1 straight to 18.3.

I have also booted from the 18.3 ISO and still get the problem.

Return to “Software & Applications”