Linux mint 18.3 cinnamon and disabling laptop pc speaker

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mark9950
Level 2
Level 2

Linux mint 18.3 cinnamon and disabling laptop pc speaker

Post by mark9950 »

How would I disable my laptop pc speakers on my toshiba satellite a215 laptop notebook.My speakers are damaged because of this laptop being old and I do not want to take it apart and remove the physical speakers. This machine may be about 11 years old but it still works great. I don't want to take it apart and not being able to put it together again. I looked on the web for this issue but only found solutions for distros way older than cinnamon 18.3.I have sound through the headphones,just want the speaker connection to be disabled.Thank for any replies.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Linux mint 18.3 cinnamon and disabling laptop pc speaker

Post by deepakdeshp »

You would be getting speaker icon on right hand side bottom. You just have to click it to mute it every time you dont need it
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb

Return to “Software & Applications”