Making personalised Applets.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Bob M
Level 5
Level 5

Making personalised Applets.

Post by Bob M »

With Windows there are many programmes that can turn a JPEG picture into an Icon that you can attach a Desktop short-cut to.

However, I have never seen a programme in Linux Mint that can do this. I appreciate one can download additional pre-made Applets, but I’d like to be able to use pictures I’ve taken myself.

Hope you experts can throw some light on the problem because Google has not been kind to me. :D

Thanks

Bob
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Making personalised Applets.

Post by MrEen »

I think you mean Emblems. See if this page helps: https://crcok.wordpress.com/2017/01/26/ ... mint-mate/
Bob M
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Bob M »

Ahhhh, I'd better look up the difference between Applets and Emblems hadn't I. :oops:

Anyway I'll try what that link you posted suggests and be back.

Thanks

Bob
Bob M
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Bob M »

Ok, someone is going to have to explain to this new-be dummy what the difference is between an Applet, an Emblem, an Icon, and who this chap Nautilus is who seems to run things with the help of a Gnome?

Now the Link you provided MrEen looked promising, but, we fell at the second hurdle because the “Edit Menu” didn’t have a “Backgrounds and Emblems choice”.

This may well be because the instructions were for a Mate Desktop, whereas mine is a Cinnamon “Sarah”.

Anyway, that’s where I’m up to and it’s not the end of the world. :D

Cheers

Bob

Return to “Software & Applications”