Systemback Alternative for LM 18?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fullmoonguru
Level 3
Level 3

Systemback Alternative for LM 18?

Post by fullmoonguru »

I have several PC's used in my business and have been using Systemback for years to create a live cd of Mint, configured to my tastes, for distributing to the other machines.

I could boot from a live usb, click the install icon, and load my version just like the normal install process.

I understand that Systemback doesn't work right with LM 18.

Is there an alternative that is known to work like this for LM 18? Or is the workaround for using Systemback reasonable and not going to result in other issues? I looked at clonezilla but that resulted in an image. I guess I would have to create a clonezilla bootable usb, then copy the image to it, boot into clonzilla, find the image, then it sounds like there is some grub issue, blah...

Really want something more turn-key like Systemback was that creates a live usb that I can boot, install, and have an exact duplicate on a different machine with different hardware. Something else that works like that that has been proven to work with LM 18?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Systemback Alternative for LM 18?

Post by karlchen »

Hello, fullmoonguru.

The answer may be found in the announcement, New Features in Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon. Section "Backup Tools". The same applies to Mint 18.3 Mate, Cinnamon, xfce, KDE.

So upgrading to Mint 18.3 may be worthwhile. Just wait for your Mint Update Manager to offer the "Upgrade to Linux Mint 18.3" in the "Edit" menu. On Cinnamon and Mate it should already be offered. xfce and KDE will follow soon.

Regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline
fullmoonguru
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Systemback Alternative for LM 18?

Post by fullmoonguru »

Been running 17 since it was released and would like to start the next 5 yrs. with a fresh install.

Return to “Software & Applications”